Waiting on a decision for my appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting on a decision for my appeal

Options
river06
river06 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am waitng a decition for my appeal to pip I called up because it has taken over the 6 weeks it’s been 10 they told me the case worker is getting a second opinion should I be worried as I am already anxious thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,192 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

When you say appeal i assume you mean the Mandatory Reconsideration? If so then there's no timescales for any decision. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Most MR decisions remain the same so it's likely you may have to take it to Tribunal.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • river06
    Options
    Hi I have not had my decision yet but when I called up to find out they said it’s gone for a second opinion without me knowing the decision so I got confused and anxious 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,192 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This can happen if there's a contradiction in the written report. Hopefully you won't be waiting to much longer but there's no timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • river06
    Options
    Ok thank you so much 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @river06. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.