Hi, my name is Deano12! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Deano12!

Deano12
Deano12 Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Deano12 please let us know if you have any questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Deano12
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Deano12 - Welcome to this great community from me also. Thank you for joining us all. I have a genetic disorder (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) which has caused generalised osteoarthrosis + neuropathic pain. How about you?
  • Deano12
    I have Autism and Arthritis and on tablets for mental health problems
  • chiarieds
    So we share the painful joints, & this weather isn't great! Do you have any support for your mental health? We've some people here in the community who don't seem to be getting the help they need.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Deano12. Let us know if there's anything we can do to support you. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Deano12
    Can be very painful in the cold weather and the rain. Do not get any help with my mental health issues
  • chiarieds

As far as your mental health goes there are several charities that may also be able to offer you support.

The Richmond Fellowship: https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk/  You can check if there's any support local to you, as it's not in all areas.

Mind: https://www.mind.org.uk/

Rethink: https://www.rethink.org/

I will also ask my friend @thespiceman for further advice as these are charities he usually mentions, but more importantly has personal knowledge about them.

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Hello @Deano12   Pleased to meet you welcome.

I am one of the team of community champions. 

I have mental health anxiety, depression for a long time, use the charities my friend @chiarieds mentioned.

I do understand what your going through right now, please what is important right now is to identify the causes, the issues you re suffering from.

To do that you need to contact the links provided to you.

All charities use coping methods, strategies and have give you a plan a care plans discuss with you a number of options, one being having the ability to cope if and when you leave, this be decided by reviews. With you in attendance.

Also the educations and knowledge in a support groups where meet many like yourself, this is an option to your own discretion.
    I would always go even though nervous of people and having problems integrating.

As after all you not alone, this where the training  the knowledge begins, the whole recovery progresses.

Themes, topics discussed in group meetings can be outings, social. Medication, sleep, diet fitness. Looking at any opportunities to further your own education if this is needed.

Maths, English Courses as well anything looking at employment . Very useful to have with benefits, assessments.  Form filling in.

One particular aspect is supporting you if signing on, have the need to be speaking to those who you have any issues with, might some do.

Doctors, medical professionals.

One other piece of useful help, guidance assist and signpost you if you are having problems with addiction, alcohol, drugs.

Richmond Fellowship has it owns rehab, advisors, support .

I have an addiction history clean myself thirteen years use that to advise any members with mental health with addiction no matter what is .

Please that is something to consider if your suffering.

Add to that take clientele with additional disabilities or related illness or conditions.

Please ask any thing happy to help.  Please get in touch, offer compassion and empathy.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Deano12
    Thank you so much
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Deano12 and a very warm welcome to the community! Have you spoken to your GP about your mental health? 

Here is an article which gives you several options to gain mental health.

Please do reach out if you need support. :)
    Scope

Brightness