Pip appeal process — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal process

jlcmama1234
jlcmama1234 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
My pip is up next month, so I had my f2f assessment last week. Not expecting much points as last time I was refused pip and won at a tribunal. Just wanted to know if I have to appeal again do I get supplementary payments until then. 

Comments

• Isha1234
    Isha1234 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi, about 2/3 years ago I had a terrible incident and split my head open, I had to get stitches and I suffered from terrible migraines I didn’t apply for pip or dla, but recently
     I had a very close bereavement and I have experienced numbness on the left side of my face as well as pins and needles ( the side where the injury is) my face goes cold when I get very stressed it’s only the left side and since this awful bereavement my eye sight has decreased as well as my memory sometimes I forget to do things such as picking up my siblings from school and even going to the loo, the thing is I’m only 18 and I’m terrified to go to the doctor incase it’s something serious, the migraines have gotten worse as I’m unable to go to uni some days 
    can someone please help Will I qualify for pip? 
    many thanks. 
  • jlcmama1234
    jlcmama1234 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Hello, if I was you I would see the doctor ASAP.as you are young and if it was anything serious it’s best to find out now rather than later. As for pip I don’t know as they check medical records so doctor would need to know all this before applying. Sorry for now being much help but I do hope you see a doctor and hopefully everything is fine and nothing serious.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Isha1234 said:
    Hi, about 2/3 years ago I had a terrible incident and split my head open, I had to get stitches and I suffered from terrible migraines I didn’t apply for pip or dla, but recently
     I had a very close bereavement and I have experienced numbness on the left side of my face as well as pins and needles ( the side where the injury is) my face goes cold when I get very stressed it’s only the left side and since this awful bereavement my eye sight has decreased as well as my memory sometimes I forget to do things such as picking up my siblings from school and even going to the loo, the thing is I’m only 18 and I’m terrified to go to the doctor incase it’s something serious, the migraines have gotten worse as I’m unable to go to uni some days 
    can someone please help Will I qualify for pip? 
    many thanks. 

HI,

As i advised on the other 2 threads, you need to speak to your GP because we can't give medical advice here as no one is medically qualified to do that.

Regarding the PIP, you need to have had the conditions for at least 3 months and expect them to last at least a further 9 months. As you said recently then you may not qualify under the 3 month rule. My advice it to speak to your GP for medical advice.

I know you're anxious and worried but posting multiple times on various different threads just causes confusion.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    As for pip I don’t know as they check medical records so doctor would need to know all this before applying. Sorry for now being much help but I do hope you see a doctor and hopefully everything is fine and nothing serious.

Hi,

Sorry but that's not correct advice. They don't check medical records and a GP doesn't need to know anything before anyone applies for PIP.

Regarding your PIP and the Supplementary Payments. If you're not awarded PIP this time the unfortunately, you won't receive any Supplementary Payments are not paid under these circumstances. They are only paid to those transferring from DLA to PIP, if the PIP isn't awarded.
    See link
    For others reading this, this only applies to those living in Northern Ireland.
    See link
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.