Hi, my name is juliaparry24! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is juliaparry24!

juliaparry24
juliaparry24 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
edited January 2020 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everyone my name is Julia, it's nice to meet you all! ?

I suffer from anxiety and depression, I've had both of them for 9 years now and my coping mechanisms have unfortunately stopped working recently

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @juliaparry24 - Welcome to this great community; it's nice to meet you too. I'm sorry to read that you're having some problems with your anxiety & depression 'tho. Does your GP know about this, or anyone you might see for your mental health? They would be in a good position to advise perhaps. I can also give you some links to some charities that may also be able to offer support, 'tho the first isn't available in all area, but you can search using your location. Please see:
    I hope you're able to get some help, & please look around here, as there are others that face the same difficulties, so please do join in any discussions you wish. You can use the 'All groups' link to the right near the top of this page to get you started.
    Please chat here too, & say if you have any questions. :)

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello  @juliaparry24 a warm welcome to the community. Perhaps you could speak to your GP about it, they may be able to give you some advice and support. I’m going to tag @Adrian_Scope just incase you need any support from Team Scooe.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @juliaparry24

Good Mourning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear about your “coping mechanisms” not working anymore.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can do to get them back on track????

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @juliaparry24 and a happy new year to you too! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • juliaparry24
    @chiarieds, just a quick update for everyone, I've already tried tablets for my anxiety and depression but they just made me worse, 
    So I am going to the doctors on Thursday to see if they can refer me to get a full scale disability assessment done wish me luck and thank you for your kind comments 
  • chiarieds
    @juliaparry24 - Thank you for your update. I'm pleased to read you are discussing this with your Dr, & of course I wish you the very best of luck that you get the help you need. It's good to hear more from you, & do please keep in touch. Remember you can talk here any time :)
  • juliaparry24
    Thank you for your advice @chiarieds I just can't wait to get it sorted out I'm also thinking of doing the princes trust program in Liverpool hopefully soon but I will keep you all updated 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @juliaparry24. I just wanted to get in touch and welcome you to the community. How are you doing today? Let us know how you get on at your appointment on Thursday! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • juliaparry24
    Hi @Adrian_Scope thank you for welcoming me to the community, I am on my way to the doctors now a little nervous tbh, I hope they do refair me for a disability assessment I've wanted one done for a while now, I'll keep you updated 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope your appointment goes okay @juliaparry24
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hope it went well @juliaparry24. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    How did your appointment go? @juliaparry24 - Hoping it was helpful too. :)
  • juliaparry24
    Just a quick update, the doctors are sending me for a disability assessment witch I am actually looking forward to but for some reason they won't assess me to see if I have autistic tendencies 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I'm not sure what you mean by a disability assessment, or do you mean a needs assessment?

Regarding the Autism assessment, did you ask why your GP won't refer you for an assessment? I'd advise you to speak to another GP and they may agree to refer you. You can also speak to the National Autistic Society on 0808 800 4104.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update @juliaparry24, I hope it goes okay. :)
    Scope

• juliaparry24
    @poppy123456 I went to my gps and explained my situation, and my problems I've been having with anxiety and depression, the doctor said that they will send a referral to the disability team in st helens, and she said to wait for a letter from them and they will tell me where to go for a disability assessment

A disability assessment is were they assess me to see what disabilities I have so that they can put the right support in place

They know that I suffer from anxiety and depression but they also want to find out if their is anything else they can help me with

I talked to her about the autism but she said that she doesn't think I have got autism, I might try the walk in centre to see if they can help too

Brightness