Benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits

avakarlsson
avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
Hi 

I am on pip daily living, what other benefits would I be entitled to? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    That would depend on many things tbh, you could try the benefits calculators "turn2us" or "entitledto" if you don't want to give out more info on here.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• avakarlsson
    I also get universal credit but I haven’t got any payment from them yet as I get statutory sick pay 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm assuming you're sending in fit notes for your UC claim, is that correct?

The 63% deduction will apply to you if you don't have dependent children or been assessed as having limited capability for work. This means your UC could very likely be reduced to zero.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • avakarlsson
    Yes I am sending fit notes 
  • poppy123456
    Then you will be referred for a work capability assessment, which should be 29 days after you send your first fit note. If it's past that and you haven't been referred then you'll need to speak to your case manager to ask them to refer you. Once this is done you'll receive the work capability assessment form.

Do be aware that a PIP award doesn't automatically entitle you to limited capability for work.

Council tax reduction isn't part of UC and needs to be claimed from your local council, if you haven't already done that. Apart from that i'm afraid there's no other benefits because UC has replaced them all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • avakarlsson
    Thank you for telling me that, 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.
  • avakarlsson
    They haven’t said to me as yet I need a work capability assessment, I haven’t been to work for 4 months 
  • poppy123456
    You should have been referred for that assessment by now. Have you spoken to your case manager to ask them to refer you? Once you receive the form you'll need to fill it in with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Send relevant evidence to support your claim.

Remember the work capability assessment is about the work you can do, rather than the work you can't do and this is what you'll be assessed on.

A face to face assessment is most likely.
  • avakarlsson
    Thank you for the information, occupational health are dealing with it as I had to speak to them
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    No problem but you'll need to speak to your case manager at DWP for your limited capability for work referral. Your OT won't be able to arrange that.
  • avakarlsson
    Thank you, what is the benefit of limited capability for work? As I am on pip daily living and on universal credit but I haven’t received  any payment as I’m getting statutory sick pay 
  • poppy123456
    LCW is part of UC if you have a health condition that limits your capability to work. A PIP award doesn't automatically entitle you to receive this. The reason why you don't receive any UC payments is because your SSP reduces the amount you're entitled to.

Once your SSP ends you will then start to receive some UC.

This link is about the work capability assessment. Even though it states ESA, it's exactly the same as the UC work capability assessment. https://www.chdauk.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance-esa

• avakarlsson
    Hi 

what other benefits do you think I would be entitled to? Or any free things? 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    Council tax reduction is the only other thing because UC has replaced all other benefits. You need to chase up the work capability assessment on Monday, as i advised.

Your PIP award will allow you to take a carer with you to a lot of attractions. A CEA card to allow to you take a carer with you to the cinema but this costs £6 per year. Disabled persons rail card but it's £20 a year and will allow you a third off yours and a companion's travel costs.

That's about all, i'm afraid.
  • avakarlsson
    Hi Poppy 
    Thank you for the information, I do have a disabled blue badge, disabled bus pass and I do have the cea cinema card which I do use when I go to the cinema with another person. 

How does work Capability Assessment work if you are employed but getting paid statutory sick pay?

Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    Hi Poppy 
    Thank you for the information, I do have a disabled blue badge, disabled bus pass and I do have the cea cinema card which I do use when I go to the cinema with another person. 

How does work Capability Assessment work if you are employed but getting paid statutory sick pay?

Thank you 

No problem.

I answered your question about the work capability assessment in a previous comment. I also put links for you to have a read of so that you'll have some understanding of what the work capability assessment is all about, did you have a read of those? If you didn't then please have a read.

SSP is only paid for 28 weeks then it stops. It won't stop a work capability assessment taking place.
  • avakarlsson
    So I can do this while I’m on statutory sick pay and still employed, 
  • poppy123456
    So I can do this while I’m on statutory sick pay and still employed, 

Yes, as i previously advised. You must continue to send in sick/fit notes for your UC claim.
  • avakarlsson
    Hi Poppy 

I will look into that thank you

What is the payment amount?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.