Hi, my name is nicola having problems with PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nicola having problems with PIP

nrich
nrich Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Iv applied for PIP as my daughter is 16 so her disability stopped she was getting care component and lower rate mobility !
iv had the award back and can not believe it they are talking about a complete different child they have basically said she’s studying A LEVEL maths which is completely not true considering my daughter has an IQ of 77 and has not been attending school for the last 3 yrs due to severe anxiety and other illnesses they have reverted back to her 4 times saying about her doing A LEvels Maths amazing because my daughter couldn’t sit any of her exams due to anxiety and because she was attending school full time completely amazed and just shows they lie or just completely get it wrong I’m so stressed and up set they have described a complete different child I feel they have based there  decision on a A level student which is not true I feel the whole process needs to be scraped and started again but if they do that how long do we have to wait !!!! Complete shock complete joke !!
soooo Mad     

Comments

• nrich
    nrich Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Iv put she was attending school , she hasn’t been attending , also she has statement which I didn’t mention !! How the hell could she ever get into 6 th form and be an A Level student I’m so angry
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope. DLA and PIP are different benefits with different criteria. PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

I'm assuming she hasn't been awarded, is that correct? If so then your next step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) within one month of the date of the decision. You should put that in writing stating where and why you think she should  have scored those points. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her. Send relevant evidence with the letter to support her claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

I wouldn't advise starting the process all over again because using the same evidence you just used will very likely see another refusal.

You should avoid mentioning any lies when writing the MR letter because they won't be interested in any of those, they will only be interested in where and why she should have scored those points. Any complaints about the report should be sent the health assessment providers.

Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal, waiting times are huge across most of the country and a lot of people are waiting about a year for a hearing date.

Finally, have a read of this link because it will give you some understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nrich and a warm welcome to the community! Is there anything further we can do to help?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.