Benefits - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    You seem to be very confused about the whole UC limited capability for work process. You said in an earlier comment that you don't receive any UC because of your SSP.

Have you actually started a claim for UC and are you sending in sick notes from your GP? If you have started a claim is that claim still active because if your payments are reduced to zero your claim will usually end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Sorry to confuse you, 

yes I’m on universal credit but not getting any payment as I’m getting statutory sick pay, 

I am sending fit notes to them from my gp,
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    No problem. The reason you're not receiving any payments is because your SSP reduces the amount of UC you're entitled to by 63p for every £1 you receive. Is it a single or joint claim? if joint then does your partner work?

If you don't rent your home and need help with the rent then yes your UC payments will be reduced to zero. So, do you rent your home or own it or live with parents?

How much SSP do you receive?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • avakarlsson
    Yes it is a single claim, and I live with my parents 
  • poppy123456
    If your over 25 then the standard monthly amount is £317.82. If under 25 it's £251.77 but as advised a few times your SSP will affect the amount you're entitled to. Once your SSP ends either one of those amount is what you'll receive.

Once you've had the work capability assessment and a decisions been made on that if you're given limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA) then you'll receive an extra £336.20 per month from the 4th month of your claim, starting from when you sent your first fit note. If the decision is anything else then your money will remain the same.

All i can advise at the moment is for you to speak to either your work coach or case manager and ask them to refer you for the work capability assessment. Once that is done and you receive the work capability assessment form, if you need further advice come back and someone will advise you. Other than that there's no other advice to give. Please read the links above about the work capability assessment process. Other than that there's no other advice to give.
  • avakarlsson
    Yes I am under 25, I’m 21. I will phone DWP maybe tomorrow and explain to them, I just thought that assessment is if you can’t work and then you go into one of them groups
  • poppy123456
    avakarlsson said:I just thought that assessment is if you can’t work and then you go into one of them groups
    If only it was as simple as that, unfortunately, it isn't. A face to face assessment is most likely needed, once the forms have been returned. The assessment will be similar to PIP but with different criteria. They will assess your ability to do any type of work because it's about the work you can do and not the work you can't do.

When you speak to your work coach/case manager, there's no need to explain anything, just ask them to refer you for the work capability assessment.

• avakarlsson
    I will maybe phone universal credit tomorrow and see what they say, 

if I do get it how much would I get each month? 
  • poppy123456
    I will maybe phone universal credit tomorrow and see what they say, 

if I do get it how much would I get each month? 

We are just going around in circles here. Once your SSP ends you'll receive £251.77 per month. Once you've been assessed if you're given LCWRA then it will be an extra £336.20, which is a total amount of £587.97.
  • avakarlsson
    Ok thank you for letting me know, Sorry for the confusion
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome and no problem.
  • avakarlsson
    Is there any leisure activities I would be entitled to or anything else like that? 
  • poppy123456
    Sorry i'm not sure what you mean by that?
  • avakarlsson
    If I’m on pip daily living what else would I be entitled to, is there free leisure activities or other things I would be entitled to and I can apply 
  • poppy123456
    I already answered that question in a comment above. Your PIP award will allow a carer free entry into a lot of UK attractions but it doesn't mean you'll receive free entry yourself. So no, it's doesn't entitle you to this.
  • avakarlsson
    I have a cea card I use when I take someone with me, I have a disabled bus pass to use on the buses.
  • poppy123456
    That's good you have those. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything else you would be entitled to.
  • avakarlsson
    Just hope I get the work Capability Assessment then I will get more payment 
  • poppy123456
    You will need to be placed into the LCWRA group for that to happen, if you're placed into the LCW group then you won't receive any extra payments. Send evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

As advised, if you need further advice when you do receive that form just post here and i'm sure someone will advise you. In the meantime other than ask them to refer you for the work capability assessment there's nothing else to advise you on.

Good luck with the assessment process :)
  • avakarlsson
    Thank you for letting me know,  

How often do they pay you if your get the work capability?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.