How long? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long?

graham04
graham04 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I had my home assessmen on wednesday for pip. It was a lot less painful then I was expecting, but still stressful. The assessor actually said at the end with the evidence provided, I should have been a PBA

On average how long does it take for the decision to come back and when can I ring up to request a copy of the assessors report?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

There's no averages for timescales because there isn't any. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

Wait a week to request the report, then ring DWP. When you receive it use the PIP descriptors online to compare the dots next to the activities/descriptors to see what's recommended. They usually go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi I applied for pip, I did the form and sent it back, a letter came and got told I didn’t get it so I did a mandatory reconsideration then still didn’t get it so I appealed and after two weeks I got a phone call to say I have been awarded daily living pip, I got a few points for mobility but not enough to get the reward. It will probably take about 3 weeks to here depends how busy they are and if they work in date order too.
  • Denise1
    Denise1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi Paul

Am not sure how long you will have to wait but you get a report with the letter they send you. Denise1
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Denise1 said:
    Hi Paul

Am not sure how long you will have to wait but you get a report with the letter they send you. Denise1
    HI and welcome,

They don't send the report unless you request it. The decision letter isn't the full report and doesn't go into as much detail as the assessment report.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Yes I had to asked for mine to be sent which they did, when you have an assessment they send you the report of how it went

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.