Esa change to support group from work related group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa change to support group from work related group

Haylou27
Haylou27 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello everyone... I wondered if anyone could advise me. I've been in a work related group esa for a couple of years, for just over a year I've been waiting on a health assessment to see about getting moved to support group esa, I had to cancel the first 2 times but finally had it in Dec 2019, will my payment be backdated to Dec 2019 or will they be backdated further as I should have been in a support group ages ago, will it get backdated to the date the dwp originally asked for the health assessment or just to the actual date the health assessment took place? Thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately, for the work capability assessment it doesn't matter whether you report the changes or whether it's a review, it will be from the date the decision is made.

Have you already been placed into the Support Group or are you waiting for a decision to be made? If you're still waiting for a decision then you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Haylou27! How are things going?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.