Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
kay2017
kay2017 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi there my partner put in for pip October last year and the DWP received the capita report on the 2nd of December were in our 5th week from report being sent to DWP how long will it be before they make a decision can any one help thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,265 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

There's no timescales for decisions, backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. As the report has been returned to DWP your partner will be able to ring them to request a copy to be sent out. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @kay2017, Hello and welcome a final decision can take over 8 weeks. But you can contact DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope you don't have to wait too long @kay2017! Please do let us know you how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.