*why twice* — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

*why twice*

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
I just noticed something on here and wondering if it relates to @thespiceman earlier post today...
I posted WCA on Wednesday once this morning. But just noticed its showing up twice on the forum here, with a link from @poppy123456 on the phantom second one.
I've seen a few posts on here that are duplicated. Where is the error, with us or the forum?
Thanks to whoever can answer.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    HI,

The error is with the forum and not the member posting the question. A lot of time when a question is posted you'll receive a time out error which makes the member think that the question hasn't been posted, so they submit the same question again and again, which cause multiple posts of the same question. It's happened to me a few times. When it does happen, either press the back button or refresh the page before attempting to post the question again and then you should see the question you post.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bettahm
    Just remembered something. When I posted that thread this morning it was slow going thru. Then it flashed up a screen dont think I've ever seen before. Cant remember the message exactly but it was something similar to website not responding.
    Shortly after it went thru so I forgot about it till now.
  • Bettahm
    @poppy123456
    Thanks that explains it then. Just added a second post as I remembered something but your answer fits that problem. Dont think it's happened to me before...... but will watch out for it happening again.
  • poppy123456
    Just remembered something. When I posted that thread this morning it was slow going thru. Then it flashed up a screen dont think I've ever seen before. Cant remember the message exactly but it was something similar to website not responding.
    Shortly after it went thru so I forgot about it till now.
    That's the exact error it gives and happens a lot.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bettahm
    @poppy123456
    Ok will watch for that. Didnt want anyone to think I'd intentionally posted twice. Thanks Poppy.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Franstrahan, just to echo Poppy, this is not intentionally done by members but is to do with the forum software. If you do notice a duplicate then please report it and we will merge them.

Most of the time we merge responses from duplicate posts so there is no repetition but the content is not lost. I hope this helps. :)  
    Scope

• Bettahm
    @Chloe_Scope
    Ok I had noticed a lot of duplicate posts and wondered what was happening.
    Anyone else that you know of unable to click thru from emails?
  • poppy123456
    @Chloe_Scope
    Ok I had noticed a lot of duplicate posts and wondered what was happening.
    Anyone else that you know of unable to click thru from emails?

If you're having problems with some emails i can only guess that the post in question has been deleted or emerged with another thread, which means it no longer exists.

Personally, i've turned off those email notifications because my inbox would be full if i didn't. lol.
  • Bettahm
    @poppy123456
    Hi Poppy, it's weird because it wouldn't let me click thru from the email notification I got from your message above.
    Not a big problem really, unless several emails. Hard to keep track.

Brightness