NEW STYLE ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NEW STYLE ESA

iza
iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
Hi all, 

Between November/ December I read  somewhere here over the ongoing discussion related to ESA that the roles recently changed and people need to apply for NEW STYLE ESA. 
Somebody advised  that person replying with profesional link how the new style of  ESA roles affect depends of life circumstances and relationship status when partner/ husbands works etc. 

Please whoever advised with profesional link previously the other person, can you please just post the link here one more time. 
I am sure once the links  will be here I will  find the one I am the most interested in now. 

Thank you very much for your all future replays. I will appreciate them all. 

Thanks 

Iza 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Claiming New style ESA is based on your NI Contributions from working in the previous 2 tax years, if this doesn't apply then you won't be able to claim it. Link here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-employment-and-support-allowance

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • iza
    Hi @poppy123456, thank you. I know that one already. I am looking for another one. Somebody posted here within discussion and it come from one of supporting other charity webpages. I have the pictures of that person in front of my eyes I just cannot remember now that person nick name here on scope community. I am hoping that the person thanks to good luck will spot my post and add the link here as well. 
    Thanks 

Izadora 
  • poppy123456
    I'm not sure exactly what your question is so it's difficult to help you. If you could give more information maybe i can help you more. Are you looking to claim this benefit? I help a lot on here as one of the community champions so it could have been made that posted the link but as i'm unsure of your question, it's difficult to help you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • iza
    Hi @Geoark, I just realised that I think it was you who advised another person about the new style ESA. I think you posted a link about it. Once the link was open all the changes were presented in the form of table. Please if you remember the link you used previously could you please repost it here. Thank you Iza
  • poppy123456
    @iza if you could give more information about why you need this information then i could point you in the right direction because it's not clear what you're asking. Are you wanting to claim New style ESA?
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @iza

Sorry I haven't posted anything on the new style ESA. I was not aware of it until @poppy123456 started discussing it. I have tended to stay away from discussions about the new style ESA as poppy123456 is far more knowledgeable than I am.

There is a guide on the government website which has something similar. It goes through various scenarios and tells you if you may qualify for the new style ESA, UC or possibly both, this can be found at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/803343/print-and-fold-new-style-esa-claimant_guide-v7.pdf

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• poppy123456
    Thanks @Geoark, i thought i didn't remember you posting anything.

As i stated, it would be helpful if @iza could give more information here and i could most likely help them further but without this, it's not possible to help.
  • iza
    Hi @Geoark, thank you very much for responding and sending this link. I think it is exactly what I was looking for. I highly appreciate it. Have a good weekend. 

Thank you. 

• iza
  • iza
    Hi @poppy123456, thank you very much for you kindness to offer your help. @Geoark posted already above the link I was looking for. I am visual person and seeing something in form of table is easier for me to look at and analyse. Have a great weekend. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.