Hi, my name is dufcDUNDEEUTDclub! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dufcDUNDEEUTDclub!

Options
dufcDUNDEEUTDclub
dufcDUNDEEUTDclub Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I WANT TO APPLY FOR PIP WICH IM INTITELLED TO BUT CAN I DO THIS THROUGH EMAIL, AND IF SO WHAT IS THERE ? ADDRESS, THANK. YOU 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,250 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Successfully claiming PIP will depend on how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. It's not about a diagnosis. Relevant evidence will be needed to support your claim and a face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them.

I'm afraid you won't be able to apply through email. The only 2 ways of applying is by ringing to start your claim, which is the quickest way. They will ask you some very basic questions like name of GP, bank details, address, postcode NI number, which all the questions on the PIP1 form.

They will then send you the next form to fill in and return (PIP2) with all your information about how your conditions affect you. This form should take a couple of weeks to arrive. When sending this form back you should send your evidence with it to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Or you can apply by sending a letter to DWP and the address to apply to is Personal Independence Payment New Claims
    Post Handling Site B
    Wolverhampton
    WV99 1AH

Starting your claim by post is so much slower than ringing. This is because DWP need to receive your letter, which can take 10 working days at least. Then they will send you the PIP1 form to fill in and return. Once they receive then (at least 10 days) they will then send you the PIP2 form. Please also be aware that postal backlogs are huge at the moment for all mail going to DWP so it could potentially take a few weeks for them to receive your letter which will significantly delay the process.

See link about claiming PIP. https://www.gov.uk/pip/how-to-claim

Hope this helps.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dufcDUNDEEUTDclub and a warm welcome to the community! Is there anything else we can do to help?
    Scope

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I tried to start mine via a written letter due to major problems using phones but they didn't reply at all.  Eventually forced myself to phone several weeks later, making myself ill with lasting consequences and inevitably being misunderstood vocally, took several attempts just to get my national insurance number across to the call handler for example. 

When it got to tribunal stage and I received the bundle, within that was a copy of the original letter I sent...so they had it, but just chose not to send me the form!?  :/   

If you are able to phone, or have someone that can phone for you, then that's probably best. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.