PIP claim question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP claim question

Options
ryan1mcq
ryan1mcq Community member Posts: 3 Listener
HI all, my name is Ryan, im a new member and my first post. I have looked for ages online for info on my question but i cannot find anything at all. My question is this, well its long question so please forgive the long post. Last year i took a nutritional neuropathy due to dysphagia from radiation therapy to my neck, so i lost the strength in my legs and have been in a wheelchair since July.

I applied for PIP in September while still in hospital and i have the assesors coming to the house on Friday for my assesment. The question is somewhat double barrelled,  will anything i get be backdated to the original claim date even though i was in hospital when i made the claim? Or will my claim start from the date i got home? Literally cannot find any info on this at all so would really appreciate some help.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.