Hi, my name is MaxB! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MaxB!

MaxB
MaxB Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
Hello all I'm new to this forum. I have a few health issues but the one that is causing me a lot of distress is Essential Tremor in my hands and head...I'm only 49 and feel like an old lady already.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MaxB - Welcome to this great community. Thank you for joining, & saying a little about yourself. It's not much fun when things go wrong when you're young is it? I've got a genetic disorder, which became 'difficult' when I was 40.
    You'll find many of us here with varying disorders, but we try to help & support each other, which is a good thing, & makes this a helpful place to be, where we can chat about things, or ask advice.
    So, please do have a look around the forum; try using the 'All groups' link on the right; chat here, or do both!
    If you have any questions, please also do say. There are others here who can be most helpful. :)

• MaxB
    MaxB Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    edited January 2020
    Thank you Chiarieds..I always think its better talking to real people that are actually going through what you might be going through. Doctors don't understand unless they have experienced it, all they seem concerned about is supporting the billions of pounds pharmaceutical industries.. They should be focusing on lifestyle choices instead of pumping out pills...my aunty has a terrible lifestyle, eats all the wrong foods and drinks far too much alcohol, she now suffers high blood pressure, heartburn, palpataions etc, and not one single doctor has asked about her lifestyle...just keep giving her statins and blood pressure pills.

Sorry for the rant...I get carried away sometimes...lol
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MaxB

Welcome to our Online Community/Family ?

I’m also one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please don’t worry about the “Rant” that’s what we are all here for!!!!!

Yes I am in my early 50’s but you can double that (never mind) 

I’m still “Alive & Kicking" & boy don’t they “know it”

@steve51

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Personally I agree with your rant. I'm all for a better lifestyle & eat healthily. Having worked as a physio, albeit a long time ago, I also know the benefit of exercise, which I do daily & which has helped keep me as good as I can be! So I'm now doing the exercises I used to teach, including relaxation, through correct breathing.  :) It's good to meet someone like-minded.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome @MaxB. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness