Does the assessor do the point scoring or the decision maker? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does the assessor do the point scoring or the decision maker?

demil72
demil72 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i‘m looking for some help, I requested a copy of my pip report on Tuesday and received it today and it is absolutely full of down right lies. What it doesn’t show is how many points she has given me does the accessor do the point scoring or does the dwp decision maker do this? I suffer from severe crippling depression/anxiety I also suffer from psychosis and this is worrying me about what my final decision.. thank you for anyone’s help 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @demil72

Good Evening & Welcome to our Online Community/Family.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear about your pip assessment. 

Can I please say that you aren’t on your own in this “sticky situation”

“Sorry”

Your assessor is the one that submits the report onto the DWP & they make the final decision for you.

We have got some good info/advice on pip for you on here.

Please please let me know how you feel ??

@steve51

• demil72
    I don’t do well with meeting new people I was a bit of a mess when the accessor was in crying a lot because I don’t like people I don’t know in my house due to my anxiety and my trust in people but she managed to mention how I smiled at my son which was a lie and how there is no evidence of me having psychosis when I see a psychiatrist because of this along with being on the trauma counciling list. I can’t believe the lies on my report I’m not hopeful for a good decision from dwp
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @demil72 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry your PIP assessment report was not what you were expecting & incorrect.
    If you look through the report, there should be a section where you'll see the assessor lists first the Daily Living activities & then those for Mobility. Then see there's one black dot against the descriptor for each activity, eg. for the first 'Activity,' 'Preparing food, there's a list a. - f. & there'll be a dot against one of them.
    You then need to use the following link to see how many points this might indicate: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf
    The DWP decision maker usually goes with the assessor's report, but looks at all the information they've received.
    Please let us know how many points are indicated for 'Daily Living' & 'Mobility' after you've added up all the points for each of those 2 sections.

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @demil72 I'm sorry to hear this, unfortunately there are many people who have been in a similar situation as yourself. I appreciate that right now is very stressful for you, and I just want to make you aware that we will support and help you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • demil72
    I can’t believe it I had my doctor and my psychiatrist send letters with my application to back up the fact I suffer with a lot of mental health illness’ I had to have the accessor come to my home because I am too anxious to make the journey as I don’t know it and it would send my mental health to spiral downhill and she has lied so much it’s really made me feel degraded and made me feel worse I haven’t stopped crying. Yet she mentioned my suicide attempt in the report 
  • steve51
    Hi @demil72

Yes this is very very common believe me!!!

There’s lots of info/advice on here with regards to your next step’s.

I am very very happy in helping you once you get your final decision??? 

Please please don’t worry I will be with you every step if required!!!!!!

@steve51

• demil72
    Thank you for your help so it’s probably likely that I won’t be rewarded pip by the report ?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @demil72   Pleased to meet you sorry to hear what has happened.

I am one of the team of Community Champions we guide, advise support members.

Please can you read the following information carefully,. There is a lot of advice and guidance.

Please may I suggest you contact mental health charities.

I would advise that even though have psychiatrist and may have any other support.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

I do understand they would have supported you at any assessment and help you through of any of this, also offer floating support.

Filled in forms, ask and sent a report with any application, speak up in any assessment.

Welfare, benefit advice, guidance and lots on anything else connected with your anxiety.

I used all three for my own mental health issues, always had some one to consult and advise.

Used the coping methods, strategies they offer.

Have education, knowledge use to help those like yourself.

Have an addiction history can help with that as well if any concerns.

Sorry to hear about the suicidal problems and issues. We are here to offer comfort, reassurance and empathy.

If you do contact the charities I have listed will work with your psychiatrist and any additional support you may have.

Please if I can help further always here to listen.

Please I am going to add in my friend @poppy123456 to advise anything else.  Member of Community Champions team has expertise and knowledge on this situation.

Need to add my friend @chiarieds has given you a lot of links.

Please may I suggest write any information down or down load given for future reference.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    Hi @demil72

No probs I am very very happy in helping you.

This maybe the case but we have got the next steps ready & waiting for you so please please don’t worry.

@steve51

• demil72
    I’m very anxious when it comes to dealing with things like this and writing things out I think I may need to contact citzens advice and get help because I don’t think I can cope on my own with this
  • steve51
    Hi @demil72

I am very very sorry to hear about this.

Sorry but have you got any family/friends who can help you???

We have got a helpline: 0808 800 3333.

They will be able to help/assist you.

Citizens Advice will also be able to help.

I am also happy in helping you if needed??

@steve51
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Hello @demil72   Please can I add please contact any of the charities I have provided.

Please if you have problems take your time reading and writing the information down. Do one part the important links the rest later.

I know nervous, anxious so was I.  All staff are trained many like our selves.

Understand my good friend  @steve51 has given you excellent advice also but please do not be worried asking us both to help you.

Both @steve51 and myself have a lot of expertise, knowledge happy to help.

I used these charities all the time for benefits they will help through this, most of the teams are ladies. In most of the branches lovely people.

All help you all interested in getting you better or recovery.

Is that not important be able to deal with what you have.

I had my mental health thirty years ongoing and do use everything they taught me, just a thought.

You will be able to cope also to give you further confidence because you have met us two gents.

Any problems tag our names to help you.

I am sure my friend be happy to agree.

Go on the website find the areas you live in type your postcode and it will come up the areas of support.

One other once your enrolled in all the problems, issues you have will be eased.

Problems with GP will come with you.

Problems with this be there assisting helping.

Even speaking up for you.

Last assessment never said much the support did the talking. Answered a few questions. Positive outcome.

Please take care keep in touch anytime we are here to listen.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,334 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @demil72

I'm one of the community champions here on scope.

In the assessment report if there's been any points scored they will not be added. This is because the report is just a recommendation and nothing more. You need to look for the activities/descriptors and next to them there will be dots, you need to look at the PIP descriptors and compare those dots to them and then add up anything you may have scored.

They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Once you receive the decision then you'll see in there any points for the descriptors that you may have scored.

Once the decisions been made if you disagree then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.