Dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to pip

Poppy12
Poppy12 Community member Posts: 66 Connected
Hello. When does dla transfer to pip next year 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Poppy12. I hope you don't mind, I've moved your post to the PIP section of our community.

Can I ask do you currently claim DLA for yourself and are waiting to be transferred or do you mean for a child that's turning 16?

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Poppy12
    Hi no I'm. Waiting to get transferred but don't know how long it's going to be 
  • happyheffa
    happyheffa Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, I have just had to transfer, I believe it is a long running switch over. I have no idea how they decide when to make you switch, you just get a letter telling you that your DLA award will end and inviting you to apply for pip.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I got the letter in July and transferred over in November 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Poppy12 said:
    Hi no I'm. Waiting to get transferred but don't know how long it's going to be 

They are way behind where they should be for transferring people from DLA to PIP. You will eventually be sent a letter inviting you to apply but when this will be no one really knows, unfortunately. Until then your DLA will continue.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    My OH was moved over 3 years ago, mine was 12 months ago a friend at the end of last year, as above they are way behind, the good news is you will continue to get DLA until a decision is made on your PIP .
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Poppy12
    Not claimed it yet. But can I ask will my 8 year old son get dla he's got social and emotional needs plus got a health care plan. And only in school for an. Hour till goes to a special school 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Poppy12 said:
    Not claimed it yet. But can I ask will my 8 year old son get dla he's got social and emotional needs plus got a health care plan. And only in school for an. Hour till goes to a special school 

To claim DLA for a child you need to show they need more care and attention than that of a child the same age that doesn't have a disability.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Poppy12
    Oh yes I've got all thr proof under the sun 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.