Will they write or phone me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will they write or phone me

louise1985
louise1985 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
i made my first phone call to to claim pip in sept I received there questionnaire sent it back then was invited to attend a medical which I went to at the beginning of dec...I received a text saying that had received my medical report on the 18th dec and requested a copy was sent to me...when reading through my report the lady who did my assessment didn’t actually stitch me up she had put everything I told her what I struggled with etc i phones for an update after Christmas and was told it usually takes 5 weeks and to ring back around the 22nd if I hadn’t heard anything 
I was just wondering will they write to me or text me when a a decision has been made??
thankyou 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They will send you a decision letter but there's no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. Don't forget that backlogs would have increased due to the Christmas and New year closing days.

As you received the report did you add up the recommended points in there? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Once the decision is made, if you not happy then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • louise1985
    Strange question how do I work out the points and Thankyou for your help ☺️
  • poppy123456
    Lots for the dots next to the descriptors/activities and compare them against the PIP descriptors. I always find it easier to transfer those dots into the PIP self test and then it will add up any recommended points. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • louise1985
    Hi poppy
    thanks for the link it was really helpful from what I ha e gone off my medical report I’ve got 15points 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

Which part is that for because there's daily living and mobility.
  • louise1985
    I got 5 for daily and 10 for mobility do they not add them all up to togeather 
  • poppy123456
    No, they don't add them together because they are different. This indicates no daily living award because you need at least 8 points for an award of standard rate. It will just be standard mobility, which is £23.20 per week. They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it.

If you disagree then you'll have 1 month to request the MR once the decision is made. Before doing this you should get some face to face advice from an agency near you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.