what services can help me point out the discrepancies in the MR so I can send it to the tribunal?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

what services can help me point out the discrepancies in the MR so I can send it to the tribunal??

Options
moonieshines
moonieshines Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Who can help me point out the errors in my MR? I'm really bad at writing out these things and ended up saying. I disagreed with the majority of what was said on my tribunal but where they ask what I disagreed with.

I realise now I should of pointed it all out. But as I said I'm rubbish at all this and never done this before so I've had no clue how it works.

Anyway on my letter from the dwp they spelt my middle name wrong, said I lived on the 3rd floor but only had one flight of stairs, when I have 3. A flight of stairs is defined as a stairway (set of steps) between one floor or landing and the next. I mean I'm not the smartest person in the world but even I know that. Also apparently my husband helps me get dressed. I've never been married.
Then we have the fact she said i can get up stairs in five minutes! When it took her and my partner 10 mins!
She said I refused to take medication because I didn't want to. When it was because I was still breastfeeding at the time
And was advised to wait till I stopped. Not one mention of that.

She said I have no problems walking and my gait was fine, i have a very obvious limp and u can see I struggle to walk and sit down because of my hip dysplasia.

It also states that I had noone with me but my partner was there, all though he was in the other room n as we have children, I have a baby monitor and he ended up hearing the whole thing so when he read what she put he couldn't believe it either. Lol! And that's just from the top of my head!!

I'm also going to send a diary to the tribunal but again I would like to run it by someone who knows there stuff, so if anyone could point me to the right people that would be amazing.

I can laugh at it now, what's done is done. But I seriously wonder if these people are trained properly! Lol

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The Tribunal won't appreciate you concentrating on the lies and contradictions that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those and this isn't going to award you PIP.

What you need to do is state what descriptors you think apply to you and your reasons why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Start by putting your postcode into the link to see what advice agency is near you. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.