Maximum backdated pay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Maximum backdated pay?

jadeyandro
jadeyandro Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have just been placed into LCWRA on universal credit. What is the maximum backdated? I put my first sick note in January 2019, attended my assessment December 2019, accepted for LCWRA in January 2020. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jadeyandro

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our Online Community/Family?

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We are here to help/assist any new members.

I have posted a link below for you & I do hope that this is okay????

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Universal-Credit/Additional-Elements-of-Universal-Credit

@steve51

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

How much backdated money you're owed will depend on when you first claimed UC and what date exactly you sent in your first fit note.

There's a 3 month waiting period BUT it's 3 full assessment periods. LCWRA element is then paid on the 4th month of your claim because UC is paid in arrears.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jadeyandro
    jadeyandro Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I moved onto Universal credit November 2018, put my first sick note in beginning of January 2019, didn’t go for my assessment until the 23rd December 2019 due to domestic abuse and having to move about. Had a post in my journal saying I had been put into LCWRA on sat 18th January 2020 (yesterday). 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    What do you mean you moved onto UC? What were you claiming before this?

I also need exact dates of when you first claimed and when you sent your first fit note, otherwise i can't tell you how much backdated money to expect.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @jadeyandro,

Do you know what your assessment period is and the exact date you handed in your first fit note? Having the exact date helps us calculate how many assessment periods. You should be able to find these when you scroll back on your journal. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.