need some advice about pip — Scope | Disability forum

need some advice about pip

brodie1990 Member Posts: 7 Listener
hi good evening ive been getting pip for for about 3 years now higher rate and the lower rate on mobilty , as i suffer from depression and anxiety , but since december 18 i started getting pain in my right knee and after months test i got told ive got arthritis in my knee which i cant walk far with very bad pain day and night , on crutches .and i want to tell pip that my health condition as changed its worse now but worried that they may stop my money untill the asses me again , im i being daft thinking this so any advice would be great thanks 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,587 Disability Gamechanger

    Your money won't stop while they assess you but reporting changes means you'll be sent more forms to fill in and return with all your relevant evidence to support your claim. Another face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them.

    Remember PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. You do risk losing everything you already have by reporting those changes. Of course your awarded could also either stay the same or be increased.

  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,390 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @brodie1990   Pleased to  meet you.

    I am one of the team of Community Champions.

    My friend @poppy123456 has given you a lot of information and advice.

    As with any situation or problems any health issues do need to contact DWP.

    If this is life changing or significant. Understand this myself, I  do think finding some one to talk this over often a valuable point.

    Glad we be able to help.

    Please may I suggest consider with any mental health you get some support and advice with any decisions such as this situation.

    Floating support or an outreach worker you can discuss this offer practical and sensible ways to cope and to deal with your issues.

    Well as speaking to you being open, honest and finding appropriate answers to anything you may need given any support.

    Offer welfare, advise, wellbeing and health signposting.

    I used these three.

    Might not be in some areas.  You can self refer or speak to your GP.

    Please contact me happy to be helping offering anything else.

    I have mental health addiction history and disability. Plus qualifications in nutrition and diet, anything related.

    Always care concern for members offer compassion, empathy.

    Nutrition, diet wellbeing on mental health, problems with addiction some times a problem.

    Please ask any questions .

    Please take care.


    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Member Posts: 954 Pioneering
    edited January 2020


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.