DETERIORATION OF HEALTH — Scope | Disability forum


terrycan Member Posts: 1 Listener
Do I need to inform the DWP if my illness as worsened and my pain relief has been changed?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,717 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

    Only if you would score more points for a higher award. A worsening of condition doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to a higher award.

    Reporting a changed of circumstances means that you'll be sent more forms to fill in and return with all your evidence. Another face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them.

    You do risk losing everything you already have but of course you could be awarded a higher rate or the decision could remain the same. No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to your current award by reporting a change of circumstances. For this you'll need to get some face to face advice from an agency near you.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,555 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @terrycan! Please do let us know if we can do anything else to help. :)


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.