Hey! cockycripple here. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hey! cockycripple here.

cockycripple
cockycripple Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all, 
          First time here.
Just having a nosy at what goes on and to see if I can find new friends and hobbies.
I am 41 yrs old and wheelchair bound because I have eds - hypermobility, degenerative knees, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, non hodgkins lymphoma,anxiety, depression, mental health problems as well as brain attrophy.
I love animals and try to help animals in need, as well as Helping animal rescues all across the country. 
Looking forward to meeting new people.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi & welcome to the community. I also have the hypermobile type of EDS with the OA joints this can cause, but I'm sorry to read about the additional problems you have. We've got a lot of animal lovers here too.
    Please have a look around the forum to see the other discussions going on. You might like to have a look in the 'Coffee lounge' section were amongst other things, hobbies are discussed in the 'Kaleidoscope' thread third from the top. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cockycripple and a very warm welcome to the community! I look forward to seeing you around. :)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @cockycripple :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @cockycripple. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • cockycripple
    cockycripple Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thanks everyone. not too sure what i want from this as I feel a bit lost at the moment. 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    That's OK, just take your time, & chat here when you want to. Just to say I do have some understanding, as I also have EDS. Others are wheelchair users with varying disorders, have fibromyalgia, etc. You will find many here have some understanding about your problems.
    I'll also ask my friend @thespiceman to see if he can advise, as he has a great understanding of the mental health issues you also face.
  • Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Hi Cockycripple,
    Welcome to the room. It’s a great place on this forum to meet like minded people and just have a chat. I have spina bifida and 49 years old. Like you I am an animal lover and would be completely lost without my beautiful little dog. How love lovely you look after animals in need. Do you have any pets of your own?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cockycripple   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what you are going through. You have come to the right place.

We offer friendship, compassion and empathy sensitivity .

Thank you to my friend @chiarieds asking to help you.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.

We guide, advise and help, support members of our community.

Please may I suggest mental health charities.  These three are worth looking at . Take clientele with disabilities as well mental health.

Floating support benefit and welfare information, advice and much more.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

You can self refer type your postcode on web site local services to you.

Please speak to your GP.  

Might not be in all areas.

Please if I can help with anything please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cockycripple and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Thanks also for finding us and I hope you are enjoying being with us so far.  You will certainly meet lots of lovely new friends on here as everyone is so friendly and supportive of each other.  I have met some great people on here since joining over a year ago.  Great to hear that you love animals and support many animal charities.  Many of us on here love animals too and have pets which we share photos and stories of in the Coffee Lounge so I'm sure you will enjoy that.  What other interests do you have?  As others have suggested, please feel free to have a look around and in your own time have a chat and join in any discussions that interest you.  I look forward to seeing you on here anyway and if there is anything we can help you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness