esa acessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa acessment

danny1986
danny1986 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
i just had my home visit from the assessment is it a condern he said he did not want too do the physical assment of me as i loooked too weak and he can see how bad i am and how disformed my limgs are??   also he mention he thought i should be ok cause he thought it is a slight condern with me being house bound i not seen the consultant in a while as they wont d o home viits that has worried me a little      does anyone know how long it normanley is until you hear    weather you keep it or not ???

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hi @danny1986
    The assessor shouldn't really have said anything like that as they're not the ones that make the decision, they write their recommendations and a decision maker looks into it. 

There are no timescales for decisions unfortunately. But if you wait a week and then call you can request a copy of the assessors report. This will give you some indication as to what the assessor has recommended. 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • danny1986
    edited January 2020
    ok thanks do you think i should be worrying about any of these issues my head feels like its going explode through stress
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I have no idea why some HCPs say those things to people because they aren't supposed to do that. You can't really speculate anything at this point. The report will give you some idea if you request it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danny1986
    ok em is it a concern he did not get me too have the pysical exam he said he can tell i look weak and my body disform so he did not think it was in my best intrest ?? im really worried now ???
  • poppy123456
    I wouldn't worry about that. I've attended 2 work capability assessments and never been asked to do anything physical.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • danny1986
    ok so it wont count againest me he did say he can see by sight how bad i am he just said however he your house bound and cant attend consultant appointments they might note and down but he can see how bad i am       not sure what too think
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    edited January 2020
    Them not doing a physical won't count against you @danny1986, no. 

I'm sorry you've had difficulty seeing your consultants, it can be more difficult if you're unable to go to them. Do you have any support from you local GP and do they come to the house for your appointments?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • danny1986
    yes i exolained too him my gp always comes out i see him on a weekly basis and is very supported and he had a later stateing that
  • danny1986
    has anyone else had any difficulties like this ???
  • poppy123456
    danny1986 said:
    has anyone else had any difficulties like this ???

It won't count against you as advised. Not everyone is asked to do anything physical during a face to face assessment.

Please wait a week then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report. You've done all you can for now and you'll need to wait until a decision's been made on your claim. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.