Due my home visit tomorrow for pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Due my home visit tomorrow for pip

marshall
marshall Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hey all,  hope your all doing as well as you can be. These cold days dont help me at all.
Anyways,  im having my PIP medical assesment tomorrow at home,  just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and any advice for me.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Deffy19
    Deffy19 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi,I had mine yesterday with capita,I would say try to expand on each answer with a scenario and don’t let them try to put words in your mouth. They asked me to do bending and standing exercises which I refused to do especially as have had back surgery and am suffering from significant disc degeneration. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
  • marshall
    marshall Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I have ankylosing spondylitis,  fibromyalgia,  broke my back 4 yrs ago,  bulging disc in my neck,  muscle wastage in my lower back and narrowing of the lower spine where tje nerves come through qhich is causing pain all in my left leg? im so worried and i dont know why. Xxxx
    Thank you xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

During a face to face assessment there isn't always enough of time to expand on the answers that you give because that's not what the assessment is for. One of the reasons you're sent the forms is so that you can put down as much information as possible and include examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

The assessment is for you to verify what you wrote in the form and give any other additional information if needed.

All i can say is be honest and if they ask you to do anything that causes you pain then you can refuse. You will be watched so do be aware of that.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Very best of luck for tomorrow @marshall! Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.