PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
Catherine1989
Catherine1989 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi thank you for accepting me on this site. I was currently receiving DLA  for 10 years after being diagnosed with BPD i was invited to apply for PIP in June 2019 as my DLA was finishing in Sept 2019 i went for my f2f in August 2019 and yes you guessed it 0 points after a mandantory reconsideration i received 7 points for daily living only i am appealing this decision at present but have been told there is an 8 month wait can anyone offer some much needed advise ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Waiting times for Tribunal hearings are huge across most of the country and lots of people are waiting a year for a hearing date. May i ask if you're planning on appearing in person? This will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.

Please be aware that PIP and DLA are different benefits with different criteria. PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

For your submission i'd advise you to state where and why you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

I'd also advise you to get some face to face advice and support from an agency near you. This link will help you find what's local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Catherine1989
    Catherine1989 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Poppy123456 yes i am going to the appeal in person its good to be able to talk to others who are going through the same experiences and to know i am not on my own i just hope my mental health can stand the long wait im feeling very lonely and isolated at present so thank you again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.