won my tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

won my tribunal

mandyjayne123
mandyjayne123 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
won my tribunal under scheduled 6 for mental health and got 30 points but when logged on to universal they said they have put me on a work programme but dont have to look for work and my money will be the same I dont understand none of it 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I answered your question on another thread and this was my reply.

On the Tribunal decision letter does it just say limited capability for work or limited capability for work related activity?

If it just states limited capability for work then this is the group that you need to take steps to prepare for work in the future and you will be expected to attend appointments but what is expected of you will depend on your claimant commitment.

If it's limited capability for work related activity then you won't be expected to attend any appointments at all and you'll receive and extra £336 per month.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mandyjayne123
    limited capacity for work but my support Andrew said from citizen advice said he read letter and said I should not look for work for 2 yr and my money will be back dated and go up
  • poppy123456
    If it's just limited capability for work then i'm afraid the advice you were given from citizen's advice is not quite correct. You won't receive any extra money, if your claim started after April 2017. You won't be made to look for work but you'll be placed into the work preparation group which means attending work focused interviews and possibly work programme or work placements but it will depend what you agreed to for your claimant commitment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mandyjayne123
  • mandyjayne123
    cant understand as I got a schedule 6 and 30 points
  • poppy123456
    I'm not sure what schedule 6 is sorry but as the decision was just limited capability for work then my advice is correct.
  • poppy123456
    Ok schedule 6 is limited capability for work, even though you scored 30 points the Tribunal didn't think you had limited capability for work related activity. See schedule 6 here. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2013/9780111531938/schedule/6

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm sorry it wasn't the news you wanted @mandyjayne123. It does mean you won't be made to look for work though. The type of work related activities you'll be asked to undertake are usually at the discretion of your work coach so it's worth talking with them.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.