Looking for advice with baby equipment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for advice with baby equipment

ybanksy
ybanksy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am trying to find out about baby equipment that can help me look after a baby, and what help I can get I have arthritis and need knee replacements, however I need to loose weight before they will do it. do you have any advise you could pass on to me, it would be very much appreciated thank you

Comments

• 77cp
    77cp Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    ybanksy
    Welcme to the community. I hope that someone will be able to help with your request. In the meantime 'keep your pecker up'. I am new here so I am still finding my way round but everyone is very helpful
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Hello @ybanksy   Pleased to meet you .

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions we guide and advise help members of our Community.

Please can I suggest you speak to this organisation, lots on arthritis.

Advice, well being and more.

https://www.arthritisaction.org.uk.

Helpline 020 3781 7120

Please can I also advise . The following included in your diet and nutritional needs.

Wholegrain Cereals, Pasta, Rice.  Fresh Fruit frozen be fine berries and those sorts of fruits.

Vegetables.

Sardines, Salmon tins ones. Be fine, Cod and any white Fish buy frozen use a baking tray oiled and add from frozen.

Into the oven read bag.  For temperature to cook fish. 

Any tinned fish with Omega three or six good for joints bones . Mackerel or Pilchards.

Use this with anything like Rice and mixed vegetables.

Sandwiches on toast.

Cut down on refined fats cakes, biscuits foods with high fats contents.

If you have problems eating certain foods do an exclusion diary make entries any foods make your conditions worse.

Contact your local county councils Community Health Unit use there well being service gives you a lot of advice.

On diets, nutrition and wellbeing.

I used them to gain my qualifications to advise, guide the members of our community.

Please always speak to your GP first discussing anything to do with diet and nutrition and well being.

Please can I add on this website.  Might be useful for baby equipment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk.

Use it a lot .

Please if I can help further please contact me.  Happy to be supportive answer any questions.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ybanksy - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. If you would consider used baby equipment, there seem to be a few places you might consider such as Gumtree, & Mum2mum. There are also some shops & charity shops such as Scope etc. as well as local ads in the papers.
    There's also some info on a healthy diet here: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/
    Is this the sort of help you're looking for? If not, please do say.

Brightness