Needs simplifying — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Needs simplifying

Andrewh
Andrewh Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've been given 10 mobility points on PIP I'm just learning what I can get and not get. 
It is confusing the points system for things that we need. 
It needs to be simplified, I have mental health issues this is over my head.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Andrewh - Welcome to the community & thank you for sharing. The 10 points mean you would get the standard rate for mobility; you need 12 or more points to get the enhanced rate. It is a complicated benefit that many have difficulty with unfortunately.
    May I ask did you get any points for the daily living component, & when did you get your decision letter?
  • Andrewh
    I got Server disability award 
  • Andrewh
    I just had massive row with family members. My mother too
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Andrewh said:
    I got Server disability award 

Hi and welcome,

If you've only received 10 points for the mobility part and no points for the daily living part then i'm afraid this doesn't qualify you for the severe disability premium. For this you'll need a daily living award of PIP and not just mobility.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @Andrewh - I am sorry you have had a row with some family members, and hope things have settled down, and you are OK now.
    With your PIP decision, does it say if you have 8 or more points for the daily living part? As Poppy says, if you have not been awarded that, then you cannot get the severe disability premium that you have mentioned.
    Please know we are trying to help you with your PIP decision.
  • Andrewh
    I dont know I've been in hospital two days ago. Suspected heart attack caused by the stress of my family. 

All because I wanted to see more of them but they got there own words I'm not part of. 

I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in November they still don't want to know me. Even my mother today blamed me for walks happened and cut me off.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @Andrewh - Sorry to read you are in hospital at the moment. Sometimes it is difficult for other family members to take onboard a disorder such as Parkinson's that you have. It may possibly take them some time to understand how you cannot do what you once were able to do, which is stressful for you.
    I hope you feel better soon and get home. Only when you are feeling OK let us know about your PIP decision letter, to see if we can help. I hope you are not in hospital too much longer.
  • Andrewh
    They like in denial ok I know we not been a family to say come out with us. I'm youngest of 5. At 53

They caused my heart attack I've never had one before in fact done a heart stress test and passed.

I'm too I'll too look at any docs I'm at home recovering.

Thanks too everyone for your concern. 

Mire then my family 
  • chiarieds
    Glad you are home. Just take care of yourself, & talk here any time. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.