Reassements — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassements

OSCAR1
OSCAR1 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
Hi I no we at the back end of January but has anyone had a reassement for Esa or PIP or due to be reassessed foe either ESA or PIP

Comments

• kenny1967
    kenny1967 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    I've recently had a reassessment but not sure if it will help in relation to your question because I had a home WCA reassessment for ESA. But I had to wait almost 2yrs for it 
  • OSCAR1
    Did you send in medical evidence because according to the tory manifesto for the election... They said as part of there efforts to enpower and support disabled people we will reduce the number of reassessment a disabled person must go through when significant change in a condition is unlikely. Because you should not have to provide repeated proof of your disability in order to receive support now let's see if this is true and whether the tories stick to there word
  • kenny1967
    edited January 2020
    I'm not aware of the Torie policies tbh. but that certainly is a positive move if it's implemented.
    And yes doctors & psychiatrists evidence was provided when I completed the reassessment form.
    I also provided doctors letter to backup my request for the WCA assessment to be done at home.
  • OSCAR1
    I have idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis there's no cure for it it will only get worse but yet the DWP still insist on asseseing me
  • kenny1967
    Yeah I hear you, the system is so twisted at times. Let's hope they don't call you for another WCA in the very near future. In cases like yours it's seems so ridiculous to be reassessed all the time. 
  • OSCAR1
    I no I think they like tormenting people
  • NotSoSerious
    NotSoSerious Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    I had an ESA assessment just before Christmas, it was a home visit, ended in the assessor calling my GP because they were concerned. This has resulted in my medication changing, and my GP reminding me to tell him if my mental health goes off!
    "It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life."
  • OSCAR1
    Which is a good thing to keep your g.p. Informed if you feel down
  • NotSoSerious
    NotSoSerious Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    OSCAR1 said:
    Which is a good thing to keep your g.p. Informed if you feel down
    It is, but I just think I'm being a burden whenever I go to my GPs, I'm a bit silly.

"It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life."
  • kenny1967
    @NotSoSerious .. as much as I read so many horror stories about some assessors & assessments, it's good to hear some positive feedback / experience like yours.
    It's good to hear he/she contacted your doctor if they were concerned for your wellbeing (as it should be) 
    I hope your managing your mental health condition & getting the support you need 
  • OSCAR1
    Yeah so true Kenny that's what gp, s get paid for.... don't ever feel silly not so serious we are all in the same boat no matter what are health problems are
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    My OH was reassessed for PIP not long ago didn't have any evidence worth sending got a tele call from a DWP DM 5 minute chat and he gave her the same award for another two years.
    It would be a good idea if that's how it happened for all of us.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OSCAR1
    If carlsberg did esa/pip assesements
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I had an ESA assessment just before Christmas, it was a home visit, ended in the assessor calling my GP because they were concerned. This has resulted in my medication changing, and my GP reminding me to tell him if my mental health goes off!

I`m gobsmacked to hear an assessor would do such a kind thing. She/he must be 1 in a million!
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    OSCAR1 said:
    Did you send in medical evidence because according to the tory manifesto for the election... They said as part of there efforts to enpower and support disabled people we will reduce the number of reassessment a disabled person must go through when significant change in a condition is unlikely. Because you should not have to provide repeated proof of your disability in order to receive support now let's see if this is true and whether the tories stick to there word

Hi Oz, now wouldn't that be wonderful!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.