Help I have received my assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help I have received my assessment report

mrshiney
mrshiney Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello Members. 
After suffering with progressive COPD and in recent months being hospitalised and diagnosed with DDD degenerative disc disease, some incontinence and severe Depression, I applied for PIP. 
Around 4wks ago I had my face to face assessment. 
I felt the assessment went well for me and the assessor was very kind and showed a great deal of empathy when I upset or extremely anxious and obviously in pain during exercise which had to stop. 
I have heard nothing more in 4 weeks so I contacted PIP. 
The lady I spoke to said she could not give me information over the phone as the report was back and now in the hands of the decision maker, however she would send me my 28 page report which would give me some indication. 
I received my report and found it quite Contradicting to how I am , what was said and and how the assessor view of me on paper was totally different to how he was to me face to face??? 
HOWEVER... On the 2 part PIP SCORE he awarded me 11 points for help needed personal needs AND 12 points for mobility,
 ( after calculating the score chart) with a Reccommended re- assessment in 18months. 
I like to know that despite a lot of contradictions NOT in my favour, does the scoring points of 11and 12 mean I would still receive PIP???  THANK YOU  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

They usually go with the report, it's very rare for them to go against it. Those points would most likely mean Standard Daily living and Enhanced mobility.

Hopefully a decision won't be too long but there's no timescales and all you can do now is wait.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes you do, enhanced mobility and I believe basic care if not full if full and basic that's  a great news story 
  • mrshiney
    I god thank you ! I do hope you are right. I’ve never known a struggle like this and the financial burden on my wife. 
    I was worried that 6 yrs ago I received dla after a tumour which is now 100%ok. 
    When my dla changed to pip they stopped everything!! As said I didn’t qualify? I then appealed in front of a panel and I Still was rejected. However this is 3yrs on and conditions have got worse.  
  • Julessarahthompson
    Julessarahthompson Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    I would also check that the letter states you've had the problems for longer than 3 months and is expected to last longer than 9 months. They should be little tick boxes 
  • mrshiney
    thank you  
    not heard a dicky bird. 

I did a bit of silly thing in hindsight ? 

I receive working tax credit
     ( not much ) 
    i informed them yesterday that I had received my assessment report from pip showing I had been marked 12points the higher rate YET I had not yet received an award or payment ... but just wanted them to know.  
    The lady asked for the date of assessment and said she would amend my WTC payments with a high rate disability premium from assessment date. As it can take a few weeks !! 

I am worried now I should of waited till the award was in my hand But I am desperate as he are so skint through me limited in my work the last 3 months we are in debt. 
  • poppy123456
    They will not add the severe disability element without first contacting DWP because once the decision is made DWP will share that information with them. If you're not awarded the Enhanced PIP then your tax credits will not increase further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mrshiney
    Thank you Poppy.  
    I clearly stated that I had Not received Any award or Payment as yet. I just wanted to inform WTC that I received copy of my full assessment and it showed I had 12 points mobility.  
    I am worried now as I hope they didn’t think I was being deceitful As I just wanted to speed their process as we are struggling so much. ?
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Even though they do check information with DWP, you really should have waited until the decision's been made because the report you've received is not the decision. It's a recommendation and nothing more. They do usually go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it, although this is rare.
  • mrshiney
    Poppy I wish I hadn’t informed WTC now as your right I haven’t received my award.  Everyday seems a lifetime waiting for this. I applied for pip in 2016 when I wasn’t as bad as I am now. It was refused so I appealed before a board of decision makers ... Who still refused. I am worried that they see I was refused pip in 2016 so they are making it difficult for me to get it this time??? Even though my assessment report gives me 1+ Yrs of my illness and 11 and 12 points and a recommendation of 18months till next assessment. 
    I suffer with BPD extreme anxiety so I’m probably worrying over nothing. 
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales for decisions unfortunately and all you can do is wait for the decisions to be made.
  • mrshiney
    Thank you all so much.  I received a payment which is standard rate and higher mobility 
  • mrshiney
    edited January 2020
    Thank everyone here who has gave me support - I have never in my life felt so worthless with not being able to support my Wife In the last 6 months ... I’ve never felt so suicidal? But thank god their is a light at the end of the tunnel am so grateful ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.