1 year review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

1 year review

lynn66
lynn66 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Evening everyone am so upset over atos recommending a 1 year review after having 3 year reviews on my pip assessment recently ,they are reccomend cause I have recently over the last 12 months been diagnosed with c_ptsd but have had almost 40 years depression and on various meds through this time,I also have fibromyalgia, ckd stage 3 and many other Illnesses, question is can dwp go with the evidence that has been provided and previous review to look at longer review please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm assuming you've received a copy of the assessment report after a recent face to face assessment? If so then they usually go with the recommendations in the report, it's rare to go against it.

Have you added up any points that may have been recommended in the report?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lynn66
    Evening poppy 123456 yes care 16 mobility 12 ,so this would mean I will be assessed in 6 months,can I appeal the length of time please
  • poppy123456
    Reviews take place 6 months before the award is due to end and not 1 year. You will need to wait for the decision before doing anything else and once a decision's been made then i'd advise you to get some expert advice regarding requesting the MR for the length of time of the award.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lynn66
    Thank you poppy123456 who would be best for expert advice please to help me on this m
  • poppy123456
    There's nothing you can do until the decision's been made. Put your postcode into this link to see what's local to you.

• lynn66
    Thank you is there any logic reason why he has reccomend 1 year review poppy please on just my cptsd but giving points for both enhanced on physical please any suggestions be great
  • poppy123456
    Most likely because they think your condition is going to change, which is most likely the reason why they recommend short awards but as i advised, you've not had the decision yet so please wait for that. It has been known for them to go against the decision, even for the length of time recommended.
  • lynn66
    Thank you poppy will wait for decision as you have said and go from there,I have had a look on places near me for expertise advice and there is cab/age uk 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Very best of luck @lynn66 and a very warm welcome to the community!
    Scope

• lynn66
    Thank you @Chloe_Scope just so stressful and absolutely awful for my anxiety if I've got to go through it all again within 12 months xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that @lynn66, if there is anything we can do to help then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.