age — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Options
rascal1956
rascal1956 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
hi. i have pip until july 2021. i will be 65 then. not 66 until feb 2022. is it likely i will be called to another assessment at 65? thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, i'm afraid you will be contacted 6 months before the award is due to end and you'll be sent PIP review forms, if you were awarded by DWP.

If you were awarded by a Tribunal DWP will contact you 14 weeks before your award is due to end.

Most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have paper based assessments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rascal1956
    Options
    hi poppy. thanks for reply. i was sent forms to ask just about any changes in circumstances. said no, and was awarded it for another 3 years, up until july 2021. i wont be 66 until feb 2022. was just wondering if they might just ask again, as i dont think they bother once you reach pension age.x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem,

You won't be pension age by the time your review is due so i'd advise you to expect the review forms 6 months before the award is due to end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • rascal1956
    Options
    Okay.  Thanks again hun.x
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I raised a similar question based on something that I had read on another forum.
    The answer I was given by Poppy123456 was that they can ask you to go through a review/assessment if they are not sure that you would qualify for the 10 year award even if you are 70+.and been on PIP for years. I understand that there are no guarantees for anyone that you will be given the 10 year light touch award.
  • rascal1956
    Options
    Thanks skullcap. I thought that maybe with me coming up to pension age 6 months after my current award ends that they might just send me a form to see if my circumstances are the same.  That's what I'm hoping anyway. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks skullcap. I thought that maybe with me coming up to pension age 6 months after my current award ends that they might just send me a form to see if my circumstances are the same.  That's what I'm hoping anyway. 

The form you'll be sent will be a review form (shorter version of the PIP2 form) BUT this should still be classed as a new claim when you fill this out and you should add as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Don't be fooled by the shorter version form.
  • rascal1956
    Options
    Thanks hun.  I usually take it to the lady who is in welfare rights.  She's a whizz with them.  X

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.