Hi, my name is Robert46! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Robert46!

Robert46
Robert46 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, I'm not really used to this but here goes..... My names Robert, I'm 57yrs old feeling pretty isolated, I have quite severe Sinal Stenosis which greatly impacts on my mobility especially walking, I've also had a kidney transplant of some years now..... I'm looking to make friends no matter what your disability..... I hope I get some answers, thank you.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Robert46 - Welcome to this great community. Thank you for joining & saying about yourself. I have a genetic disorder called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) which has caused osteoarthrosis in most of my joints, & neuropathic pain due to Chiari 1 Malformation hence my user name Chiarieds. The people here are friendly & supportive & I hope you enjoy being with us all.
    Please have a look around, you could use either of the 2 links on the right, namely 'All groups' & 'Recent discussions.'
    Please say if you have any questions as there's usually someone here who may be able to help/advise.
  • Robert46
    Hi Chiarieds, thank you for your response, I'd never heard of your condition, I suffer from ostioateritise myself but I'm sure not as severe as yours, as you know when you feel pain everyday it's not always easy to smile but we try, I will check out the community but till then I'm always here for you if need a moan ?
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Welcome Robert ....I,m sure their are many people on this great site who will have a chat . ...or if you have questions about benefits or anything else . I know from experience that the expert on here are more up to date with benefits than many of the DWP workers, the very people who are meant to advise us on our rights on benefits . I have had great advice on everything from PIP to pensions to universal credit ect . ...and from people who willingly give their time ( and experience) to help others . 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you, Robert; likewise if you need a moan. With the type of EDS I have, you have hypermobile joints, so they move too much causing OA in many.
    There have been quite a few discussions on here about chronic pain; something many of us share even tho we have different disorders, & it's good to see what others have personally found effective, as often pain meds are not the answer for long-term use.
    Any way it's good to 'meet' you as it sounds like you'll fit right in with us all. :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Robert46 :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Robert46
    Thank you for the reply Ami, always here

Brightness