Hi, my name is Angelinvestigations! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Angelinvestigations!

Options
Angelinvestigations
Angelinvestigations Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
After a year and a half of fighting to be awarded PIP and I’ve had to appeal, I’ve waited a long time for my appeal but I did win it nearly 2 weeks ago. I’m due to be backdated enhanced rate mobility from 2018 when am I going to get my payment they have my all my details I was told it shouldn’t be too long it’s already nearly been two weeks? And I worry alot unfortunately due to my depression  things not going right for myself even though I should be really happy that i won my appeal and will get money backdated which I really need I’m just waiting for something to go wrong... not sleeping due to the worry.
Has anyone else one on appeal have a backdated by about 63 weeks how long do you have to wait for your payment?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Angelinvestigations

Welcome to our online community/family.

I am part of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Can i please forward your post onto my great friend Poppy who is an expert with regards to “Benefit’s”

Hi @poppy123456
    I am very sorry but I have just come across another “Benefit Inquiry”

Thanks.

@steve51

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi @Angelinvestigations. A huge congratulations on winning your appeal. I'm sorry it's still causing you some worry.
    It's very normal for it to take between 2 and 8 weeks for the DWP to put a tribunal decision into payment. For your own piece of mind you could give them a call as they may be able to give you a rough guide. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Angelinvestigations
    Options
    Ok thank you, wow Without sounding at all on grateful I really hope it’s not eight weeks I’ve been off work for a year now I’ve worked all my life since I was 16 and it’s just this last year I’m not health has been absolutely dreadful winning this appeal to 18 months in total and have used all my own savings I know it’s quite a lot of money I’m due to get back I’m just really hoping it’s quick thank you very much for your reply
  • Angelinvestigations
    Options
    Hi @Angelinvestigations. A huge congratulations on winning your appeal. I'm sorry it's still causing you some worry.
    It's very normal for it to take between 2 and 8 weeks for the DWP to put a tribunal decision into payment. For your own piece of mind you could give them a call as they may be able to give you a rough guide. 
    I gave them a call a few days after I received my letter from the tribunal And we confirmed my bank details were right the woman didn’t give me a time frame on the phone I’ve had two people I know win saying they got it with the matter within days and another person said it took a few weeks I just hope it’s fast, Thank you very much for your reply

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.