New style PIP Face to Face — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New style PIP Face to Face

Options
cailin1
cailin1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I had my PIP assessment last week. It was horrible. It’s a completely new style of assessment. She didn’t refer to my filled out form at any stage nor did she ask any questions regarding what was on the form. She asked lots of questions that were indirectly about my capabilities as a person. She asked a question then typed the answer. It was short, sharp and unlike anything I have ever experienced. I’m afraid I will be taken off she was so harsh

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

The PIP assessment process hasn't changed at all since PIP was introduced in 2013. Having been to 3 assessments myself for this.

The questions they ask you will totally depend on the HCP you have on the day and what you wrote in the form. As well as any other information needed and observations done by the HCP. For this reason no 2 assessments are the same and certainly won't be identical.

All you can do is request a copy of the assessment report a week after the assessment by ringing DWP. When you receive this you'll be able to compare the dots in the report against the PIP descriptors online and see what points maybe recommended. They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. You'll still need to wait for the decision to be made though.

Other than that there's nothing more you can do other than wait but i certainly wouldn't try to speculate anything at this point.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cailin1
    cailin1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    The HCP said it was a new style assessment. There was hardly any conversation. It was questions then typing. Nothing at all like my last assessment whereby there was a conversation and lots of references to the form I had filled out
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no "New style PIP assessment" it's exactly the same as it's always been. There's no set questions to ask anyone, it depends on how your conditions affect you and what you wrote on the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.