Pips could anyone gide me please xx — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pips could anyone gide me please xx

T1991
T1991 Community member Posts: 33 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there it’s my first time hear my spelling isn’t the greatest so please bare with me ?

im just wondering if anyone can help me I’ve been receiving pips/esa for the past 3 year now I’ve revived a letter today from pips saying it runs out in 2021 and my point Scoring with was 8 for  daily living and 8 for Mobility

what it is my health condition has got worse over the day months years I stuff with back severe back problems I have a dyhrated disc and G generated disk as well as suffer with sciatica and nerve problems My mobility it’s getting worse and having great difficulty standing sitting and trying to walk can’t walk far at all and suffering With my daily routine As my parents have had to take over looking after me and my children they cooking for me clean for me and bath me due to being in so much pain as I’m unable to move 
my medication is changed Since my last interview I’m now on morphine gabapentin diazepam and naproxen To help me with pain 

My family and friends are telling me to have a review for my pips As my condition got worse I am a standard mobility and standard daily And To be fair They think I should be on the enchant (high) Daily living and mobility  

im not sure if I should hold out until my next meeting or Appel now as I don’t wanna lose out as I’m Disabled

Thank you tia 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A worsening of condition doesn't mean you'll automatically score more points for a higher award. Your parents looking after your children for you and cleaning will not help you score more points for a higher award because it's not part of the PIP descriptors.

Reporting a worsening of condition means you'll be sent more forms to be filled in and returned, with all your relevant evidence to support your claim. A face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them. No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to your current award by reporting those changes. People have reported changes and gone on to lose everything they currently have.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you before reporting any changes. Or take a look at this link to have more understanding of the descriptors and what they mean. It's not always possible to score as many points as you may think.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • T1991
    Really I was unaware of that poppy I don’t wanna lose it all ☹️
    I’m Literally stuck due to my medical conditions my healths going down hill rapidly 

I can’t even hold a cup that’s how bad it’s getting 

what evinced would that be would it be from my doctors x 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, poppy is correct you have to see how your conditions effect you in relation to the PIP descriptors, as your conditions have worsened to such a state as you posted then you should inform DWP about your decline. You will have a new set of forms to fill in just the same as your original application for PIP and will have a face to face assessment. As Poppy stated some one to one advice would be a good idea. 
  • T1991
    Who do I get to advice me would it be Citizen advice
  • poppy123456
    As your conditions have worsened to such a state as you posted then you should inform DWP about your decline.

I disagree with that. A worsening of condition definitely doesn't mean you'll score more points.

Letters from a GP are not the best evidence to send, this is because a GP very rarely knows how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors, they will only ever know the basics like medication and diagnosis.

Please have a read of the link  l posted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • T1991
    I shall do poppy I had read some last night there’s loads to take in x 

I understand that  I’m only 27 aswel it shouldn’t be happening like this 

I’m not sure what to Suggest like u said I could lose it all 

• poppy123456
    When is your award dated to? Reviews take place 6 months before the award is due to end and not 1 year before like they used to.
  • T1991
    September21 hun x
  • poppy123456
    That's a decent amount of time left on the award.

I also noticed that you said your parents cook and bath you because you're unable to do this yourself. This doesn't mean you'll score the points for this in both those activities.

Where a claimant chooses not to use an aid or appliance which he or she could reasonably be expected to use and which would enable them to carry out the activity without prompting, supervision or assistance, descriptor B will be appropriate, they should not be awarded a higher descriptor if using an aid or appliance would remove the need for prompting, supervision or assistance.

This means that if they think you can complete the activity using an aid, then you will score 2 points for that activity. If you can't use an aid then you must give reasons why you can't do this and a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity.
  • T1991
    The occupational therapist gave me a bathboard and bath step but now I can’t get in The bath at all So I have to sit on the back board in the shower Whilst my mom washes me & have a hair She gets me in and out 

I am unable to use bath rails due to not having any strength To pick myself up anymore 

I can’t cook a can’t stand for long I’m unable to Hold The appliances Without dropping them

• poppy123456
    You will need to explain all of that on the form, giving those real life examples.

Cooking, carry things around the kitchen is not part of that activity and won't be considered.

Anyway, only you can decide what you want to do. What ever you decide. Good luck.
  • T1991
    Honestly what do you reckon the best thing is for me to do leave it the way it Is x 
  • poppy123456
    That's a question only you can answer because no one here knows exactly how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. Reporting changes is always a risk. Some lose everything, some have higher awards and some awrds remain the same.
  • T1991
    what kinda thing would I do wrong to lose it all x ?? I’m trying to get my head around it all
  • poppy123456
    The most important thing is understanding the descriptors and knowing for sure that you could score those points for a higher award, otherwise there's no point reporting the changes.

You mention getting into the bath and then needing to be washed but you won't score points twice in the same activity. We could be here all day discussing this but we don't know exactly how your conditions affect you enough to advise you, whether you should or shouldn't report those changes. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.