uk benefits in eire — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

uk benefits in eire

Options
1455 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
im going in circles as usual re my adult lads benefits- my lad currently gets esa and pip and has had no issues re claiming or payments- hes been offered a chance to live with an uncle in eire- will he still be able to continue his uk based claim or will he need to reclaim in eire after a wait- residency isnt an issue thanks to the common travel area- in or out of the eu- ive tried looking things up for him but get lost in the crossover of the terms used- 'abroad' and ,common travel area' and citizens advice cannot give a clear reply one way or the other.... thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others. Which part of Ireland are they thinking of moving to?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
    edited January 2020
    Options
    eire, nr clonmel [southern ireland]

• poppy123456
    Options
    I'm afraid i have no idea about that part. I do know that Northern Ireland would just be a change of address, if no housing benefit is needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It will also depend when he's planning on moving, if it's after Brixit then everything could be totally different. This link maybe useful. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-ireland#benefits

Options
    ok thanks- ill take a look- itll be after jan anyway
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @1455 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.