PIP claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP claim

Options
Andy89
Andy89 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is Andy nice to meet u all 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Andy89   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

How are you doing, hope you have been keeping warm and had a lovely day.?

I am one of the team of community champions. We support and help members of our community.

Give advice and information please ask any questions.

Please have a look around our website.

Please feel free to join in discussions.

We are a supportive, compassionate community..  Offer empathy and sensitivity.

Please enjoy your time with the community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Andy89

Good Evening & Welcome.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with??

@steve51
  • Andy89
    Options
    Hi thank you for the kind words. I apologise for the spelling mistake 1st I applied for pips in sep 19 I had my face to face in Dec 19 and still waiting for the decision is this normal I have ADHD sence I was a kid n I am dyslexia dispraxa and I suffer with mental health issues and stress anxiety any help would be great full 

• Andy89
    Options
    I am 30 years old I can't walk far due to falling over all the time I don't go out side eg around twn or going out with the wife n kids. I get stress out and start panacking and I have ppl looking at me this is hard to say **** has happened in my child hood n I suffer PTSD 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm also one of the community champions here on scope. Yes, perfectly normal to wait that long. Claims can take several months, possible longer.

As you've had the assessment you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. You'll still need to wait for the decision though.

Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Andy89

That’s no probs my friend.

Please please don’t worry about your spelling mistakes!!!!!

I am in the same “boat/ship”

Can I please pass you over to my good friend “Poppy” for your “Benefit Inquiry”

And I also have another good friend “thespiceman” for your “Mental Health Probs”

Hi @poppy123456 @thespiceman can you both please offer some help/advice with this post????

Many thanks.

@steve51
  • Andy89
    Options
    Thank you poppy I didn't no I could do that I had a face to face with UC and ESA and they both have said I am not fit to work and put me on the support group and they said send the letter off them to PIP so they no what they have done would it help
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.

PIP and the work capability assessment are completely different benefits with totally different criteria. PIP isn't about your ability to work because people claim PIP and work. It won't harm anything by sending it but it may not be used as evidence, if it arrives before the decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Andy89
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456 phoned PIP yestaday and the said it's nt been looked at n it's going to be a over 4weeks till they get to look at it is there anything I can do/send in to them to help 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    All you can do is request the report and then wait i'm afraid. The report could have been sent to audit, which will have delayed the decision making process. You've done all you can, for now.
  • Andy89
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you for the info 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi @Andy89 - Welcome to this great community from me too, Andy. I'm pleased you have joined us all, but sorry to read about the problems you face. Some members have unfortunately suffered the same as yourself in their childhood & have PTSD as a result, so I hope we do have a little understanding. Perhaps this charity may also help: https://napac.org.uk/
    I'm sorry you're waiting for your PIP decision, but as Poppy says, you can now ask for a copy of the report, which will give you an idea about what the DWP may decide.
    Has your GP been able to support you with help for your PTSD?
    It must be so frustrating that you can't go out with your family. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what makes you fall over?
    Any way it's lovely to 'meet' you, & I hope you find this a friendly & supportive place to be, & chat here any time as there's usually someone most willing to listen.

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Andy89 welcome to scopes online community. I'm Tammy one of the volunteer community champions here on the site and I'm here to support people. I hope you enjoy using / and being part of scopes community ?
    Tammy 
  • Andy89
    Options

@chiarieds hi I allways had problems as a kid with walking n ballance and a lot more I get pains in my legs and they go num n I just fall dwn n I trip up over my legs to

• chiarieds
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry, Andy, you do have a lot going on. I do hope we can all help & support you as much as possible. That is what this community is all about. :)
  • Andy89
    Options
  • chiarieds
    Options
    You are most welcome, Andy.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Andy89 :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Andy89    Thank you @steve51   my friend for asking to help this gentleman of our community.

I am as I mentioned in my introduction to you am a community champion.

Also have a lot of knowledge, expertise and experience with my own mental health.

I know you mentioned problems in your child hood and other problems, this is some thing I had myself.

The answers are first to seek some support some professional advice.

Trauma of any sort is hard to deal with daily I know this myself.

I also have had an addiction history and use this to advise other members having been absenteeism for thirteen years.

I do understand about disability as I am also that and do have other qualifications in diet and nutrition.

Please if I can advise and suggest any of these three charities.

They offer floating support, help with benefits. This situation this moment your having right now.  Other aspects are wellbeing and health.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

You can self refer or speak to your GP.  All charities take clientele with additional disabilities and as well mental health.

Please if you have any questions, happy to be supportive, offer compassionate.

I am here to listen, your not alone.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Andy89 :)

Please do let us know if we can do anything else to help! 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.