Health assessment review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Health assessment review

T1991
T1991 Community member Posts: 33 Listener
It’s me again 

I’ve just got home to a letter form the esa Department for health Assessment review 

It’s been a very long time since my last health assessment 

And I’ve totally forgot what it’s about And what they ask you so could somebody kindly give me a brief idea what they ask And what they assess you on

Because my mobility isn’t the best anymore and I’m struggling with pain there come out to my Home address to assess me

Thank you tia x 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Im assuming this is a face to face appointment letter, is that correct? And you recently fill out a work capability assessment form?

If so then then you will need to confirm what you wrote In the form as well as any other additional questions based on your conditions and how they affect your daily life. 

No one can tell you what exactly they will ask you because everyone’s different.

You will be assessed on your ability to do any type of work because it’s about the work you can do and not the work you can’t do. 

You will be observed also during the assessment, so be aware of that. 

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • T1991
    Hi poppy ?

And no sweet I haven’t had to fill anything in I’ve just revived a letter saying I have a face to face meeting on the 7th February 

It’s my first assessment from 2017 

But I do remember a couple years ago that I had to fill out the pack and had to get a letter from the doctor due to medical reasons that I couldn’t travel so they’re coming out to my Home address but it has taken them  two three-year To do this

I’m really scared I’ve never been so nervous In my life 

And what do you mean by being observed

And to do any work I can barely stand And walk and being able to function With day to day tasks 

Thank you for your reply tia xx
  • poppy123456
    Are you 100% sure you didn’t fill out the form, it could have been as long as several months or more ago? If you didn’t then I’d advise you to ring the number on the letter tomorrow and tell them you didn’t receive a work capability assessment form. If you didn’t do this then it will mean they will be referring to your last form you sent and the previous evidence. 

Observed means they watch you, walking, standing, if you pick something up etc because it’s all part of the assessment process even though you won’t realise it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • T1991
    I haven’t filled anything in for a very long time They must be Referring from the last one I sent in about 3 year ago It’s the first left ive had from them for some years Really shocked me

and My condition has got worse since then My mobility is poor
  • poppy123456
    You will need to ring them tomorrow. Ask them to send you another form, if they won’t do this you can print one off online. If you don’t have time to return it you can cancel this appointment and make another one but do be aware you can only cancel one appointment. 
  • T1991
    I’m just gonna get it out the way with I can’t cope with the stress and the Anxiety of it again I’m just gonna tell him the truth about my condition and how it effects me that’s all I can do 

I just don’t wanna mess up and lose everything I have I don’t mean to come off like a Sponger I’m just felling unfit for work due my condition x 
  • poppy123456
    I would still advise you to ring them tomorrow to make enquires about the work capability assessment form. You can always download it and print it off then fill it in.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.