Hi, my name is skullcap! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is skullcap!

Hi there. Getting on in years and thought I had life sorted.
I can cope with the constant medical interventions but anything to do with the DWP sends me into a spin!
70 and male 
Thanks

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Hello @skullcap    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.

We support members of our community.  Offer advice, guidance, information with compassion and empathy ,sensitivity.

You come to the right place for friendship and support. Please have look around our website.

Please may I suggest with any benefits get help and assistance in completing forms or some one to speak for you.

You do not mention health conditions , any health condition usually has an associated charity or society.

Often has support groups, welfare benefit advisors and other advice, information.  Informative and useful.

I used mental health charities got floating support, benefit advice and guidance. Intervention of my current benefit issues, plus help with forms and attending assessments.

I am sorry to hear still at 70 doing this, I do not agree with any one of your age having an assessment why.

You should be entitled to anything. 

I am in my middle Fifties making an argument members of our community at that age and older be excluded

Please consider asking me and happy to find out for you.  Because might be worth some one intervening or speaking for you.

Something I recommend to all those of our community.

No one should be coping alone.

Other interested organisation to look at is this one.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk.

Services, information for members of our community 60+  . As your 70 worth looking at. See how they can help you.

Includes support groups and much more . Lots on their website.

Often has own benefit advisors.

Please if I can help further please ask.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Hi @skullcap - Welcome to the community from me too, it's good to 'meet' you. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @skullcap. How are you getting on?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @skullcap

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

@steve51
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @skullcap and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Yes, unfortunately matters relating to the DWP sends many of us in a spin so you are not alone there!  Please let us know if we can be of any help to you as we are here to support you.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Thankyou. Putting up with the hopeless systems that the DWP offer which is made even harder when trying to either check or confirm if what they say is correct or not. This is especially so when claimants have a question or worry over something and trying to get a straight honest answer from them is almost impossible. I find that half the time I am struggling in the dark and hoping that I am 'legal'.

Brightness