How long until I get my back pay following pip tribunal win ? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long until I get my back pay following pip tribunal win ?

13»

Comments

• Angelinvestigations
    Angelinvestigations Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    crohnie79 said:
    Thanks ive done all that with them already as i phoned them the day of the tribunal.
    Makes me cross they sit on it for so long! I understand they have the 28 days but they must know pretty wuick whether they will contest a decision. They would be yelling if we owed them! 
    Im due back pay from June last year! 
    I totally agree with what you’re saying it has taken me nearly a year and half the battle to win PIP I have severe depression and social excited and medicated and this last year has been hell this process is also it’s self made me probably worse in many areas I won my appeal thankfully a couple of weeks ago and I know it sounds like I’m being a baby but I need this money really really badly and quickly have used all my savings well I’ve been off work I’m due to get 15 months backpay which would be very very good for me
  • Angelinvestigations
    Contacted PIP this morning to see if any post had been sent out, it had yesterday. They read the letter out to me and advised the following. PIP is paid on Mondays and I will receive my first payment on 24th Feb and 4 weekly from then on. They gave a detailed breakdown of everything. In regards to backpay, they said that it will be in my bank on Monday 3rd Feb. 

Applied for PIP 3rd July 2018
    Tribunal - 9th Jan 2020
    Backpay - 3rd Feb 2020
    First PIP payment - 24th Feb 2020

Just some dates in case people are curious of the timescales.

Many Thanks.
    Hi! I’m in a very similar boat to yourself regarding the time with my appeal I was on the 15th of January which I want and get backdated pay from October 2018 two weeks of gone by and I rang them up on the day that I won the appeal the woman so couldn’t give me a time frame about receiving the money she did tell me to go over my bank details with which I did and updated them I am very very worried as selfish as this sounds that it’s going to be a long wait for me for my back pain which I can’t tell you how much I need right now
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,361 Disability Gamechanger
    @Angelinvestigations i believe you are now expecting your PIP backdated money into the bank on 3rd February, as you posted on another thread.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Angelinvestigations
    @Angelinvestigations i believe you are now expecting your PIP backdated money into the bank on 3rd February, as you posted on another thread.
    No, not me, I was replying to Peter, whom said he is being paid his on the third of February not myself.
  • anxiousbird
    anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
    i have severe generalised anxiety disorder and it is due to my anxiety that im not able to go places without my carer with me. I was awarded standard mobility at tribunal because of this. Anxiety CAN be seen as OPD!! to say it cant be is incorrect. 
    Hi @silverwing33
    this is my first post on this forum. I’ve had my pip assessment and been declined  any Award. I also have severe anxiety disorder with ptsd. If you read my assessment report (which I recorded too) , you’ll feel as if I should get high points on most activities, but the assessor has awarded me 0 points everywhere by copy and pasting the same reason for refusal in each activity saying “she is on a low dose of anxiety medication and hasn’t started the other medication yet”. 
    I just want to ask whether you were taking medications when you applied? And if so, in what dosage? 

Ps: my reason for not starting the other medication was the fact that the doctor said it could increase my anxiety at first and I am already suffering from such bad anxiety that I couldn’t afford any increase unless I have somebody to care for me 24/7 (which I don’t now as of recently). I’m also on the waiting list for my face to face counselling sessions (4th lot of them) but I’m worried about them now as I can’t attend them alone AT ALL and don’t have a person caring for me full time (as in the past)  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,361 Disability Gamechanger
    @anxiousbird hi and welcome,

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the mandatory reconsideration (MR) you should put your request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. You can't compare 2 people when it comes to PIP because we are all affected differently by these conditions. What might affect one person, may affect another person differently. The same with medication etc.

Send relevant evidence with the letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times are huge in most areas and lots of people are waiting about a year for a hearing date.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you and they will help you with the MR/Tribunal process.
    Put your postcode into this link to see what's available to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.