Told to be available for a telephone appointment with DWP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Told to be available for a telephone appointment with DWP?

sharonitta
sharonitta Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Can anybody tell me if they have been told to be available for a telephone appointment with DWP ?I am currently appealing their decision after medical assessment, and being found fit for work !!! I am waiting for a date to attend a tribunal and feel very anxious about this interview ,any help would be very much appreciated. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sharonitta

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today!!!!!

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got another member on here who should be able to help you with your “Inquiry”

Hi @poppy123456

I have just come across this post with regards to there “benefits”

Can you please please offer them some help/support?? 

Many thanks.

@steve51

• sharonitta
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Did you receive a letter regarding this? I’m wondering if it’s a compliance interview and not regarding the fit for work decision you’re appealing. Please check the letter to see exactly what it says.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sharonitta
    Hi poppy no letter just a message on my uc account saying I need to be available for this interview and it's to check I'm on the correct amount of universal credit!!As I'm on the basic rate of £317 a month I don't understand how this can change unless I win at the tribunal .Thanks so much for getting back to me ,I'm finding all this overwhelming at the moment .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    It sounds like a compliance interview to me, i've heard of others receiving messages like this on their journal and it's been a compliance interview. It's either just a random check or someone's reported you for something, if it's the latter and you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Sorry i can't be anymore specific than this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sharonitta
    Thankyou poppy !!
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sharonitta and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Good luck for your DWP interview and please stay in touch and let us know how things go.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • sharonitta
    I will do ,thankyou ails!!
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome, @sharonitta.
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sharonitta - Welcome to the community from me too. I hope Poppy has helped, & altho it's easier said than done, try not to worry. I hope you get this sorted quickly. As Ails says, please let us know how you get on.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Best of luck with the call @sharonitta. As others have said, please let us know how it goes. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.