change in circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

change in circumstances

Options
bootmandy
bootmandy Community member Posts: 19 Courageous

I put in for a change back in july 2019. rang them in October they said it was now with assessment, so rang them, they had no appointments. rang again December still none. rang today again said I should get appointment in next couple of weeks. they said I would have to travel as I have a car. but each place they offered is an hours drive away in good conditions. I live in cornwall so mainly small roads. I said surely there is something closer and they said no. I said but what about cost and she said you get reimberessed and I said but I have to find the money first before I get that back. just because I can drive doesn't mean I want to drive on them roads for that amount of time in pain. I got myself in a state as I only get working tax credit as I am self employed. the doctor says I would have a better life if I had a mobility scooter, but obviously cant get that plus my mum helps pay for my car and a scooter wouldn't fit in it. my mum is carer for my dad and is now helping me with housework and shopping,

got back on to pip they can do nothing now its gone to assessors. I ended up in tears. it seems this new company are even worse than atos

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The distance for traveling to an assessment centre is no more than 90 minutes by public transport. If there's no assessment centres closer than this then they can offer a home assessment. Find out if there's anything closer to you with this link.

If there's none closer to you, do you have someone that can drive you there?

May i ask if you usually drive yourself when traveling this far? For the costs of fuel, yes they will reimburse those costs but you will have claim them back after the assessment and make sure you ask for a form at reception.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bootmandy
    Options
    Public transport would be longer . One of the centres I dont even know how many buses it would be. No trains.
    I dont travel to one of them now as the road is too much and the other I haven't been.
    They said I cant have home visit cause I can drive 
  • bootmandy
    Options
    Been told it's not atos anymore. But if they still using same centres I see there is one 20mins from me 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's independent assessment services as they are now known as. If you used the above link then that's correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bootmandy
    Options
    So the lady I spoke to this morning wasn't very helpful then. Now I know there is one closer that really helps me to insist on that one. Thankyou so much.  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome, glad i could help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I hope you manage to get it changed @bootmandy
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.