Q11 in pip mixing with others — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Q11 in pip mixing with others

Lesleykidd23
Lesleykidd23 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I have severe anxiety meeting new people how do I answer that question on my pip form 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 144 Pioneering
    edited January 2020
    Put that as you stated. I'm the same, I told them I get really wound up about it, stomach churns, throat muscles tighten, can't think straight.  Tell them you feel so bad you are unable to mix with other people. Put exactly how you feel.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,316 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

What happens when you meet new people, does it happen with just new people or people in general? Do you need prompting or assistance? If so then why do you need this. What happened the last time you attempted this activity alone? You need to give a couple of examples.

For each activity that applies to you, you should add a couple of real life examples, not just for this question, for all the questions if they apply to you. Use extra sheets of paper because there's never enough of room to put everything but make sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send. Make sure you photo copy everything before sending it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lesleykidd23
    Thank you for all your help this is stressing me out so much 
  • poppy123456
    My advice is to do a little each day. Once the form is filled in then go through all your evidence and send what’s relevant to how your conditions affect you, if it’s not relevant then don’t send it.

If you need longer to return the form then ring DWP to ask for an extra 14 days. Make sure though that you leave enough of time for it to arrive and be added to the computer when posting it back. Proof of posting is recommended, which is free from any post office. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lesleykidd23
    I find there is so much to answer for each question and as I have complex medical conditions it is so difficult to make sure you have answered them with enough content. Is it acceptable to ask for more time as I am unable to write and need my partner to do it for me and he works so the only time we can do the form is in the evening or does it reflect badly if you dont complete within the original deadline? 
  • poppy123456

If you need longer to return the form then ring DWP to ask for an extra 14 days. Make sure though that you leave enough of time for it to arrive and be added to the computer when posting it back. Proof of posting is recommended, which is free from any post office. 

• Lesleykidd23
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it goes okay @Lesleykidd23! Please do let us know how you get on of if there is anything else we can do to help!
    Scope

• Lesleykidd23
    I called Dwp today and as my pip was sent out dec/jan them there was an auto extension to the 29/2 I would never had known that if I hadn't called them. With regards completing the forms most of the questions I can quantify with plenty of information and consultants letters and they confirm my health has deteriorated in many aspects since my spinal infarct in 2005 but the question regarding dealing with money has me stumped I really need some advice from you thank you and may i say i find peoples stories of what happened to them with pip it's bad enough finding yourself disabled without having to lay yourself bare for the assessor to pull you apart and you having to justify why you need it. 
  • poppy123456
    Your question about the activity managing money has been answered on your other thread here, https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/68357/managing-money#latest along with a link for you and your husband to have a read of. That link will give you more of an understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

• Lesleykidd23
    Thank you I have looked over it and will use it as a guide for my PIP 
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    I have severe anxiety meeting new people how do I answer that question on my pip form 
    New, existing old friends or strangers : the descriptors make no reference to that. The test is based on 'other people' which I suppose could be a close relative, your GP or maybe just someone that sat next to you in a café whilst having a cup of tea : a complete stranger.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.