PIP Assessment Support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment Support

Options
Arcardium
Arcardium Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello all, came looking for pip assessment support and after reading some posts. I do feel a little bit better.

Thank you for been here. 

Comments

• jadealyssa
    jadealyssa Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Arcardium
    Welcome  :) and glad you feel a little easier after reading some of the posts on here.
    This is a great community with lots of really helpful information  <3
    Anything you need please let us know and I will try help where I can
    Best wishes 
    Jade 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Arcardium   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions also.

Please to give yourself some additional support in PIP assessments.

First find some one to support you.  Could be a health worker or a support worker or some one in a welfare association.

I used mental health charities. Useful helpful, supportive.

Please ask if you need additional support from besides this Community any thing else we can do for you.

Please ask any thing your having problems with happy to be supportive.

Please enjoy your time with us and please keep in touch we are here to be a friend and ready to listen.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Arcardium - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. It's great you've looked around at relevant posts & found it helpful. Please do say how we may support you, as there are others here who are able to help/advise as far as PIP assessments go. So if you have any questions, please do say. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Arcardium

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today.

I am also one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Can I please forward your post onto one of our “Benefit Experts”

Hi @poppy123456

I have got another “Benefit Post” which I need some help with.

Many Thanks.

@steve51
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you @steve51 for the tag.

Hi and welcome @Arcardium

May i ask what help and support you need please? I'll be happy to answer any questions you have and i'm sure others will add some advice too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Arcardium
    Options
    I was very nervous because as a long running DLA user, I haven't had a home visit fot 20yrs. I have my PIP f2f in 2wks at home. After my last review in which the assessor lied in the review saying I cooked when in fact I stated I couldn't cook meals. I lost my car and mobility payments, but was too ill to argue or question the judgement. 

My health has always been in a state where it will not get better, just decline. 

I was just looking for knowing I'm not the only one worried. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's perfectly normal to feel worried, nervous and stressed before a face to face assessment.

One thing to remember is that DLA and PIP are totally different benefits, with different criteria. PIP is about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors and not about a diagnosis.

You say your last review? have you previously had a PIP award or were you just refused when you transferred from DLA?

When applying for a benefit like PIP if you're refused then the best thing to do is request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) then Tribunal. Reapplying using the same evidence you previously used could see another refusal. Hopefully this time this won't happen and you will successfully be awarded.

The assessment will be the same as you had previously. They will want you to confirm what you wrote on the form as well as any additional information needed. They will watch you during the assessment too so please be aware of that.

May i also advise that stating you "can't cook" isn't enough of information. You need to tell them why you're unable to this activity. Would an aid help you to be able to this, a perching stool maybe? Or will it help if someone assists you to be able to cook? If none of those will help, why won't it help? what stops you from being able to do this activity?

Once you've had the assessment. Wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Arcardium and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and I'm glad you have found the information on our site to be helpful to you.  I hope you get your current situation sorted out with PIP and wish you well with it.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Arcardium
    Options
    It's perfectly normal to feel worried, nervous and stressed before a face to face assessment.

One thing to remember is that DLA and PIP are totally different benefits, with different criteria. PIP is about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors and not about a diagnosis.

You say your last review? have you previously had a PIP award or were you just refused when you transferred from DLA?

When applying for a benefit like PIP if you're refused then the best thing to do is request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) then Tribunal. Reapplying using the same evidence you previously used could see another refusal. Hopefully this time this won't happen and you will successfully be awarded.

The assessment will be the same as you had previously. They will want you to confirm what you wrote on the form as well as any additional information needed. They will watch you during the assessment too so please be aware of that.

May i also advise that stating you "can't cook" isn't enough of information. You need to tell them why you're unable to this activity. Would an aid help you to be able to this, a perching stool maybe? Or will it help if someone assists you to be able to cook? If none of those will help, why won't it help? what stops you from being able to do this activity?

Once you've had the assessment. Wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    To clarify this will be my Pip review, so second time for pip f2f, my last one was at an office.
    I did all those things explaining why I don't cook and included the reasons why.
    The person said in the last review I use an aid to cook. Which is only true if my wife is an aid. She does everything to provide meals. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If they think you can complete the activity the majority of the time using an aid then you will score points for this and you won't score points for needing assistance. If assistance is needed you need to explain why an aid wouldn't help you and what would happen if you didn't have assistance.

Brightness