Scored 0 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scored 0

Maza33
Maza33 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I recently had a pip assessment for mental health,anxiety and depression. The accessor I had completely went against everything and made out I was compitant in everything. She scored 0 on everything 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others. PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Are you requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) for this decision? If you plan on doing this and you haven't already then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this.

If you have any questions then please do ask and i'm sure someone will advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maza33
    I haven’t had the final decision back yet but got copy of report and she basically scored me 0 for everything 
  • Maza33
  • poppy123456
    You will need to wait for the decision but they mostly go with the report.

Once the decision's been made you will then have 1 month from that date to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that acitivity for each descriptor that applies to you.

You should avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. Any complaints should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Send relevant evidence with the letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same so it's very likely you'll have to take it to Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour but the waiting times across most of the country are huge. Lots of people are waiting about a year for a hearing date.

May i ask was this a first time claim or a review? or were you transferring from DLA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Maza33 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear about your current situation with PIP and hope you get things sorted out soon.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Maza33
    The assessor has basically scored me 0 on everything when I need help with things and have anxiety and depression 
  • Maza33
    This is a first time claim 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear what has happened with PIP and I hope the information which @poppy123456 has given you above has been helpful to you as she is very experienced in advising people with regards to DWP matters.  I do hope you get things sorted out with PIP and please let us know how you get on.  I can appreciate that this must be a very stressful time for you so please chat to us anytime as we are here to help and support you.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Maza33
    She went against what I said though
  • poppy123456
    Maza33 said:
    She went against what I said though

Did you send relevant evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence because the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Maza33 - I'm very sorry to read about your PIP assessor's report. You are not the only person who has felt angry, bewildered, or hurt by their report. If the DWP Decision Maker goes with this report, which they usually do, you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration as advised by Poppy above. So, you need to try & forget about the assessment & it's 'inaccuracies', as the way forward is to describe why you should have scored points for the activities you have difficulties with as mentioned by Poppy. Please do follow her advice.
    As Ails says above, we are all here to support you, so, if you need any help with your Mandatory Reconsideration, just say. You will find some information about the Mandatory Reconsideration in your decision letter.
  • Maza33
    I I just have to wait for the actual decision letter now which I know is a no.
  • poppy123456
    It's very likely going to be refusal yes, i'm afraid. You will have a month from when the decision's made but you can start to write the letter of request now but of course don't send it until the decision's made.

You didn't answer my question, did you send relevant evidence to support your claim?
  • Maza33
    She didn’t even ask me for any evidence,I have medication and in touch with the mental health team
  • Maza33
    How do I start the letter of request 
  • poppy123456
    It clearly states on the form what evidence is accepted and what you should send to support your claim. They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence and they won't take your word for it that those descriptors apply to you.

My advice is to gather some relevant evidence to support your claim while you wait for the decision.
  • Maza33

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.