Can I reapply for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I reapply for PIP?

Billyw68
Billyw68 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I got turned down for P.I.P in October 2019 with 0 points so is it possible to apply for P.I.P again this year ???.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

When you were refused did you request the mandatory reconsideration (MR) then request the Tribunal? If you didn't was there any reasons why? Even though they give you 1 month to request the MR, with good reason you do have 13 months.

You can reapply anytime but reapplying using the same evidence you previously used will likely see another refusal. It's always advised to request the MR then Tribunal if you're refused rather that to constantly reapply.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Billyw68
    Did,nt  think it would do any good applying for MR as they had given 0 points. But now I am seeing a support worker as my situation is not getting any better and also have a appointment next week to see a psycologist.  Do you think this might help me in trying to reapply ??
  • poppy123456
    Even though most MR decision's remain the same, you can't request the Tribunal without first going through the MR process. If you disagree with a decision then you should challenge it. It doesn't matter whether you scored zero points or not.

There's nothing stopping you reapplying but i'd advise you to get some face to face advice and some help with the forms because using the same evidence you used last time, could see another refusal. If you decide to reapply and the worst happens, then i'd advise you to request the MR then Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Billyw68
    Thanks for the advice Poppy123456. Really appreciated. Will follow your advice and hopefully get a positive result this time.
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Even though most MR decision's remain the same, you can't request the Tribunal without first going through the MR process. If you disagree with a decision then you should challenge it. It doesn't matter whether you scored zero points or not.

Unfortunately there are many people that once they get the decision from the DWP they just leave it even if they believe that it is the wrong decision. 
    I too was guilty of that 11 years ago when my wife attempted to claim DLA just before her 65th. I just assumed that there was no point in going any further after she was refused. Now I know better, 11 years too late unfortunately.
  • poppy123456
    @skullcap are you a previous poster using a different name? sorry but you sound very familiar...
  • Billyw68
    It was Billyw68 and not skullcap.
  • poppy123456
    Billyw68 said:
    It was Billyw68 and not skullcap.

My comment was for skullcap :)
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    No, not on this forum, first timer.. I also am a member of the MSE forum where you maybe have come across me if that helps.

• poppy123456
    I don't remember your name on there sorry.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.