P.I.P. complaints package? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P.I.P. complaints package?

2»

Comments

• bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi @firefly48

Welcome to the community!

Sometimes I never know what to say.
    Sounds like you have a lot to deal with, without the added stress of an assessment.
    I will say! not all assessments are bad. Some disabled people I know, have said there assessment and assessor was ok.

If you have a letter from your GP, telling them that you can not make the journey and need a home assessment. 
    They have to arrange for an assessor to do it at your home. (Don't let them bully you). 

I would also have someone with you, when you have your assessment. ie family, friend advacte someone who knows your disabilitys and how you struggle.

I didn't have my assessment recorded, so maybe it's something you could look into? 

I wish you all the best 
    And hope for a good outcome for you.
    Take care
    Bev
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    Hi all just to let you all know, got nowhere with my complaint that CAB wrote, worried sick now about assessment at home on 8th August and no advocate!
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    bevt2017 said:
    Hi @Shlbly

My friend on here is the same, hes finding it really hard to find an advocate. (I still don't think he's found one)?
    I've only been dealing with DWP for two years, hes been doing it for 20.

Like you, my Friends have all disappeared. People I use to work with and go out with have all gone. I make up excuses for them, but
    Like you say there not really true friends.
    It's good you have some friends and they support you. 

I will probably have to deal with ATOS again, in a few years time? but the next time I will be ready.

I had a meeting not long ago with two men from the Job Centre. The JC had temporarily employed them, to ask disabled people, how DWP and JC can better treat us and what needs to change. 
    I turned up with so much paperwork, they didn't know where to start. I had a lot of help from the community, asking them what they would change .
    I haven't heard anything back yet, but they were also having meetings with other disabled people too.

Let's hope things do change?
    All the best 
    Bev
    Hi Bevt2017
    Two weeks now phoning to try and find an advocate, phoned so many, Mind, Rethink, Power, Seap etc etc and nothing. I know I won’t be able to do this assessment on my own. Have been dealing with the DWP since 2007 and have had enough of them making my MH and disabilities worse. I have it in black and white what a DM said back in 2012 about me, and now they have completely changed that and I have miraculously got better, when I haven’t I have got worse.
    My friends I have got both work so not available to be with me.
    To top it all I got a letter yesterday about the complaint I did over phone and email with CAB, they basically are not doing anything about it, took me 17 months to get that sorted, as had appeals etc plus life going on. Did try to complain the first time Atos stopped all my money back in 2012 and was to unwell and no help to continue.
    I am actually going down hill rapidly at the moment, worrying about this assessment on the 8th August, have asked Doctor 7 times now re letter to support, that was supposed to have gone off with new claim in June, so scared what they might do this time, as money worries now as well, as savings have all gone, (I got compensation for being involved in Operation Yewtree back in 2013), a lifetime of abuse brought out in the open, after not telling anyone all my life. Extensive therapy for three years, twice a week for 18 months one of them.

Lets hope something becomes of the JC thing, I was one of the people who wrote to Parliament as well.

Nice to have this to be able to talk about things, as my poor friends must be sick of hearing this all the time, taken over my life it has!!!
    Would be lovely if it would change, but I’m not holding out any hope, government cuts put pay to that.

take care
    Sheila
  • Maza33
    Maza33 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Can anyone help me 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Maza33. This is a very old thread. I notice you have a post about your PIP and scoring zero, is that what you're needing help with or is it something else?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Maza33 said:
    Can anyone help me 
    Hi, 

I’m one of the community champions here on scope. May i ask what help you require? 

It maybe better to start your own thread with any questions you have as this is an old thread you’ve commented on and it can be very confusing when asking questions on someone else’s threads. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mk2000
    mk2000 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
    bevt2017 said:
    Hi @ash5896

Good for you!

I also recieved my full award regardless of the assessment.

I did receive an appologitic letter from IAS, but they basically said I couldn't prove it.

They said they would put my complaint against the assessor name ( he was a paramedic). So that if they recieve another complaint, they will investigate it further.
    I feel sorry for the next person who has to deal with him.

Good luck

Hi Bev no chance was he called stephen i have just had a horrendous time with him and full blown lies he made me feel so bad 
  • ash5896
    ash5896 Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
    mk2000 said:
    bevt2017 said:
    Hi @ash5896

Good for you!

I also recieved my full award regardless of the assessment.

I did receive an appologitic letter from IAS, but they basically said I couldn't prove it.

They said they would put my complaint against the assessor name ( he was a paramedic). So that if they recieve another complaint, they will investigate it further.
    I feel sorry for the next person who has to deal with him.

Good luck

Hi Bev no chance was he called stephen i have just had a horrendous time with him and full blown lies he made me feel so bad 
    Hi 

didn’t even realise it’s been 2 years. Not sure if I can call it a coincidence. Anyway I had a letter from the ICE on Saturday and it says I should have a response within 6 weeks of her decision. It has taken a long time and I do hope it was investigated properly. As soon as I have the final response I will update on here. My intention has always been to update but I’ve been told due to a massive backlog and now the COVID-19 pandemic it’s taken a little longer. 
    Ash 

Brightness