New Community Champion - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New Community Champion

Options
2»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @janer1967   Great idea, or a roadshow to meet other Community Champions and the same time.

SCOPE offer advice and information to members. Including us Community Champions offering the same.

Love bouncing one and another ideas.

Always here to be supportive.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @thespiceman love the idea of a road show could involve a mutually informative coaching session for us all or maybe just a social networking session. Maybe it could be suggested to someone in the know here lol I wouldn't know who to approach with the suggestion. Would be a nice reward for all the champions that give their time freely to help others 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @janer1967   It is an idea I know some others had.

Problems for me is getting out on to trains and to venues.

Understand have done it before, going to Mental Health Conferences just getting out coping with people.

See what happens, know many people of Community who do not have access to on line SCOPE website.

Meet them in my village and further field.  Hospital appointments so on, Doctors other day.

Could be something to discuss.

We al of us have health histories we use here. Remember that, you  can use your health history.

To help use support others.

I do as you have seen mental health, addiction, diet, nutrition. My many posts through the years.

All brings an open honest approach to the role.. Being supportive if a member comes on you can relate to and share.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • janer1967
    Options
    @thespiceman I agree think I was getting carried away with myself it would be a logistical nightmare and costly to organise. I would also not be able to travel unaided. 
    I hope you are enjoying cooking with your new kitchen 

Take care yourself 
  • Brightsidebecs
    Brightsidebecs Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 88 Pioneering
    Options
    It would be great to meet everyone but I also agree that it would be a nightmare to get everyone together. How about a WhatsApp group we could all chat and discuss things and make friends/colleagues etc and it’s free to do so. 
    Rebecca 
  • Brightsidebecs
    Options
    Hi @Ails sorry that I’m only replying now thank you for your warm welcome, I’m still feeling a bit rubbish but I’ll be better soon I’m sure. I’m really happy to be a champion and to meet all you wonderful people. 

Take care 

@Brightsidebecs
    Rebecca 
  • Brightsidebecs
    Options
    @thespiceman thank you for a wonderful welcome message. I am delighted to be part of such a wonderful community and love my role as a champion. 
    Rebecca 
  • Brightsidebecs
    Options
    Thank you very much for the warm welcome and I’m pleased to be part of such a wonderful team @Ami2301
    Rebecca 
  • Brightsidebecs
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456 for the  warm welcome and I’m delighted to be part of the team. 
    Rebecca 
  • Brightsidebecs
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great to have you with us @janer1967!
    Scope

• Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Jane1967,
    Sorry I’ve just seen your message. Nope still undecided. Change my mind on a daily basis but feel I really need to be more relaxed about my decision as I’m thinking about every scenario which could arise. It’s difficult because my mum has dementia and is in a care home and if I move away I worry something will happened to her and I won’t be nearby to get to her. I’m wrestling back and forth, but I have 6 weeks until they start the adaptions so have time to make a decision. 
    How are you getting on in your new role as community champion?

• janer1967
    Options
    @Rifi7
    I understand your uncertainties in making a decision it is a massive one to make and getting the balance right for your needs and your family. 
    The new role is going well so far gives me something to do rather than just watching TV and also enjoy helping others. I like that I can do this when it suits me. 
    Keep us updated on your decision 

Take care jane 
  • Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you for having an understanding of my predicament. Yes it a biggy and will definitely keep you up to date.

Brightness